How Would You Reboot Aliens vs. Predator?

Started by Number13, Apr 15, 2019, 09:35:27 PM

Author
How Would You Reboot Aliens vs. Predator? (Read 2,307 times)

judge death

Marines kill predators easy, but they never hit predators. Smartguns can, but sg-users will be primary target for predators.
Ehm pulse rifles and most of their normal hand guns can just as easily hit predators, dont see why only smartgunners could hit them and the rest would miss?

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SM on Apr 15, 2019, 09:45:02 PM

Just have Aliens, Predators and marines on a space ship.  Each group has a motive. Carnage ensues.

This, it shouldn't be hard and doesn't even have to be that expensive. It's also a monster mash up, not high art, so the creative and editing team need to be focusing on making a slick, fast-paced action horror - keep it as simple as you can while telling an entertaining story. Taking a page or three from the action classics of the 80's (beyond just Aliens and Predator) wouldn't go amiss.

Drukathi

Quote from: judge death on Apr 16, 2019, 07:46:08 PM
Marines kill predators easy, but they never hit predators. Smartguns can, but sg-users will be primary target for predators.
Ehm pulse rifles and most of their normal hand guns can just as easily hit predators, dont see why only smartgunners could hit them and the rest would miss?

Because smartguns have aimbot, Pulse rifles - no.

judge death

Ahh, see your point then, was thinking you meant only smartguns can track and see the predators hence hitting them and pulse rifles cant... Will take longer to aim down the sights but doable, but smartgunners would be nr 1 target in most cases as you say.

Drukathi

Quote from: judge death on Apr 16, 2019, 09:07:04 PM
Ahh, see your point then, was thinking you meant only smartguns can track and see the predators hence hitting them and pulse rifles cant... Will take longer to aim down the sights but doable, but smartgunners would be nr 1 target in most cases as you say.

Yep, indoors marines with pulse rifles cook yogurt from predator. So, large open areas will better for predators. And this is the main part of the hunt - predators have to lure the marines out of the buildings.

SM

SM

Would a Predator even register on a smart gun scope?

judge death

Quote from: SM on Apr 16, 2019, 09:36:10 PM
Would a even Predator register on a smart gun scope?
If one go after the games: Yes, movies and comics: Doubtful, in Aliens they seemed not to track the xenos and Vazques and Drake was shooting them manually it seems.
Have too little data to say if they can track the predators or not I would say.

SM

In Predator 2 they need to track the creature via pheromone sensors. The OWLF guys don't seem to be using IR goggles.

Number13

My idea for an AVP story was the Predators drop Alien eggs in pods onto a colonized planet waiting for humans to find them and breed the Aliens. With the disappearances of the colonists in the jungle outside the colony, they bring in the Marines to investigate. But the Marines get into a jurisdiction issue with Weyland-Yutani who have come to take over the operation (but really they're after the Predator technology). The Predators arrive to hunt the Aliens, little do they know, that an Alien Queen slipped through the cracks (which I got the idea from the first AVP comic book), so the Alien population is gonna get out of hand. So the Marines have to help the colonists escape, but to make things worse, one of the Wey-Yu officers stole a Predator wrist-computer from a recently killed Predator, so now the Predators are going after them to get it back.

Well, that's my idea. I wrote a screenplay, even wrote two sequels, and two different AVP stories, while trying to write more, if I ever get time.

The Old One

The Old One

I wouldn't.  ;)

A film? No.
A Monolith's AVP style videogame? Yes.

Number13

Quote from: The Old One on Apr 24, 2019, 07:39:30 PM
I wouldn't.  ;)

A film? No.
A Monolith's AVP style videogame? Yes.

We're talking about movies, not games. AVP is doing fine in video games and comic books, they don't need any help there. This thread is about how to improve the AVP franchise in the movie field.

[cancerblack]

Making a streamlined version of the AvP2 story is a pretty safe bet though, budget allowing.

The Old One

The Old One

AVP hasn't had a mainline game for nearly ten years, a good one for twenty.

And the last AVP comic was the whole
Fire and Stone, Life and Death-
awful series.

Number13

Quote from: The Old One on Apr 25, 2019, 12:41:44 AM
AVP hasn't had a mainline game for nearly ten years, a good one for twenty.

And the last AVP comic was the whole Fire and Stone, Life and Death- awful series.

The point is they've had good success in video games and comics, maybe not "recent" success, but they have not had ANY success in movies, that's why I started this thread to see what is the best way to do an AVP MOVIE. Whatever, I really don't enjoy talking to you, so I'm gonna ignore you now.

[cancerblack]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed