Disney & Fox Confirm Alien Series Remains In Development Under New Ownership!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 03, 2019, 11:27:02 PM

Author
Disney & Fox Confirm Alien Series Remains In Development Under New Ownership! (Read 80,901 times)

Voodoo Magic

Jones The Cat

It would be great if they make two more sequels to Alien Covenant. They should invest in the prequel series because it is and will become over time more essential. It is very similar to what Lucas did with Star Wars. Ridley Scott has to finish what he has started. After that there can be spin-offs, and maybe a sequel series. But the groundwork is necessary.

JokersWarPig

I'd rather see them start fresh and just base what ever they do on what worked in the first two movies.

P1NK8C1DBOOTS

AMAZING NEWS!!! I would love for them to finish the prequel series off and then let's explore other directions, they're is so much source material out there it could potentially go anywhere 😀

bobcunk

I dont like the idea of retconning alien 3, it makes sense in the Terminator since it deals with time travel and already has multiple timelines. I think they should start doing separate stand alone Alien movies after they finish the David story.

Voodoo Magic

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 04, 2019, 06:29:48 AM
QuoteEmma Watts says it's "no secret Disney has the biggest franchises in the business" but points to Kingsman, Alien, Planet of the Apes and Avatar as properties its bringing to the table. #CinemaCon

I suspect Watts had a reasonably significant amount of input on Alien: Covenant for good or for ill, rather like Tom Rothman and Prometheus. That's probably why they screened a clip of Covenant at Cinema Con. She also has close ties with Ridley Scott so I guess she'll be keen to continue that story-line then.

0321recon

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 04, 2019, 04:59:42 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 04, 2019, 06:29:48 AM
QuoteEmma Watts says it's "no secret Disney has the biggest franchises in the business" but points to Kingsman, Alien, Planet of the Apes and Avatar as properties its bringing to the table. #CinemaCon

I suspect Watts had a reasonably significant amount of input on Alien: Covenant for good or for ill, rather like Tom Rothman and Prometheus. That's probably why they screened a clip of Covenant at Cinema Con. She also has close ties with Ridley Scott so I guess she'll be keen to continue that story-line then.

You're right about that. If they were going to side step the prequels, they would had shown clips from the original trilogy to give the hints on what direction they might be taking the franchise. :Let's see what happens from here on since Horn will also have a say on this.

iain

I say just knock the Covenant sequel out, tie up the series and start afresh from there.

CainsSon

Stolen

Just need the sequel of Covenant!!

The Old One

The Old One

Gimme dat Prequel series finale and David's fall.
Then a post-AR soft-reboot.

CristianoRonaldo7

I hope Ridley Scott directs ALIEN COVENANT II

Stolen

David's fall ?
Never, a God never falls! He's just looking for his kingdom and a queen.

But yes after that, you can do what you want from the franchise  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed