Idea for future AvP...

Started by funk_master_chunk, Apr 01, 2019, 09:30:21 PM

Author
Idea for future AvP... (Read 2,378 times)

funk_master_chunk

funk_master_chunk

... Which may not be what you'd have in mind!!!

Now, admittedly, I'm not a huge fan of the AvP-verse/canon. I feel both franchises have been diluted because of it.

But there is one facet of it which I absolutely adore and would kill to see more of:

The AvP arcade game.

I think an animated series based around the game has the potential to be fantastic. It'd be kitsch enough so as to not detract from the franchises' established canons, but left field enough to garner a cult following.

The success of things like Castlevania on Netflix could pave the way for something like this, I think.

They'd have to change a few things from the original game as, IIRC, Dutch was a cyborg in it?

But an 'animeverse' story could have Dutch abducted by Time travelling preds who're aware of a Xeno attack coming in the future and go back in time to (forcibly) recruit him with the help of Linn Kurosawa.

They fight their way through a Xeno-infested "San Drad" to destroy the hive queen etc etc.

Thoughts?

Mr.Skinsuit

Mr.Skinsuit

I really want an animated series!  :-X not sure if following the arcade game story would be the best but if it was a mini series anthology kinda show they could definitely toss something inspired by that into it!

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

I'd dig an animated series.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on Jul 12, 2019, 12:20:45 AM

I'd personally prefer a live action show over animation.

The Old One

The Old One

I don't care, just nail the script and team.
If AVP is even doable.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 12, 2019, 12:33:28 AM

I think a live action AvP show would be infinitely more expensive and less likely to happen. I wouldn't turn it down! But I'd be happy with animated too. And I think some sort of stylized visual style would suit AvP pretty well.

And like Old One says, it's down to the talent behind the "camera" anyway.

D88M

D88M

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 15, 2019, 07:58:54 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Jul 12, 2019, 12:33:28 AM

I think a live action AvP show would be infinitely more expensive and less likely to happen. I wouldn't turn it down! But I'd be happy with animated too. And I think some sort of stylized visual style would suit AvP pretty well.

And like Old One says, it's down to the talent behind the "camera" anyway.

I imagine a GOOD AVP movie would cost 200 million, maybe 250, to make, no way we are getting that, sadly. An CGI AVP movie could be really cool though, maybe not animated but computer generated hell yeah

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed