Alien Resurrection vs. The Predator

Started by Frosty Venom, Mar 28, 2019, 05:13:43 AM

Which is the better film?

Alien: Resurrection
The Predator
Author
Alien Resurrection vs. The Predator (Read 5,687 times)

Frosty Venom

Which is the better fourth movie of it's franchise?

LastSurvivor92

I enjoy both films but Alien Resurrection no doubt  ;)

P-Rock

Resurrection. The Predator is like a bad Ed Wood movie.

Huggs

Huggs

Resurrection, easily.

At least under all its craziness the aliens were still aliens on a spaceship in the future. The jokes and friendly predators in suburbia was just awful.

[cancerblack]

Rez is way better, i watch it several times a year. The Predator was a chore to finish once just to say i had.

Corporal Hicks

I think I'd go for Resurrection too. The Predator is just getting to the point where it's one of those films that makes me angry.

PsyKore

Yeah, The Predator makes me angry when I think about it. Such a shame. It's the only movie in both franchises I have no motivation to watch again because it was too damn stupid.

yhe1

yhe1

The fugitive escape scene was better than anything in resurrection tho.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 29, 2019, 07:59:42 AM
I think I'd go for Resurrection too. The Predator is just getting to the point where it's one of those films that makes me angry.

-said the man who "always tries to see things in better light"  :) Damn, even if the most patient member of AVPG didn't like it what should i do?

EDIT: Didn't you the one who wrote this in The Predator review?

QuoteI really really enjoyed this film! It was so much fun! That is the best way to describe the film: fun. I was especially pleased with how the film doesn't try to remake any of the previous entries.

I think that they both on the same level of craziness and stupidity. I find comparision "The Predator is Resurrection of Predator franchise" is very proper.

I'll go with The Predator (at least for now) because I've been more entartained with it. And just for the sake of been "unique one"  :P

Spoiler

[close]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: yhe1 on Mar 29, 2019, 11:27:04 PM

Nah. The failed clones scene alone is better than anything in The Predator.

Samhain13

Samhain13

I hated those failed clones, just more gross results of the cloning stuff that I hate, that scene, that break into the action also ruined the pacing a little for me.

Resurrection disgusts me on what it shows, The Predator disgusts me on what it says. Still can't pick the worse one.

But The Predator fanedit would probably be the least bad.

[cancerblack]

A movie about science gone wrong and body horror disgusting you is a point in its favour tbh

RakaiThwei

Hands down Resurrection is the better movie...

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Kradan on Mar 30, 2019, 12:00:32 AM
EDIT: Didn't you the one who wrote this in The Predator review?

QuoteI really really enjoyed this film! It was so much fun! That is the best way to describe the film: fun. I was especially pleased with how the film doesn't try to remake any of the previous entries.

I did. But I also said:

QuoteI just have the feeling that after a few re-watches I'm going to start picking up more and more on the holes and lose threads and stop enjoying the actual experience.

Which is what happened. The Predator was fun the first few times, but now it just irritates me. It's like the first Star Trek reboot. I used to enjoy that experience but it annoys the shit out of me now.

P-Rock

P-Rock

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Mar 30, 2019, 12:19:03 AM
Quote from: yhe1 on Mar 29, 2019, 11:27:04 PM

Nah. The failed clones scene alone is better than anything in The Predator.

And the underwater scene.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed