High School Puts on Alien The Play!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 25, 2019, 07:10:13 AM

Author
High School Puts on Alien The Play! (Read 14,843 times)

Corporal Hicks

If you follow us on social media, last week you may have seen a picture from the opening night of a high school play based on Alien! Since u/Emo_Kid23 made Reddit aware of the production, Alien The Play has gone viral, garnering attention from the likes of Adam Savage and Emo_Kid (aka Justin Pierson) has even been interviewed for local news!

The play, which is based on the 1979 horror film "Alien,” debuted on March 19 at the high school and students performed a second show Friday night. According to senior Justin Pierson, who worked on the sound crew for the play, the set was made largely of recycled materials.

"This is going to sound really funny but (the set crew used) garbage essentially. Just anything that was lying around like cardboard and metal," he said.

Pierson added that his fellow students who participated on stage and behind the scenes were "an extremely hard working group."

Facehugger Scene

Check out that Space Jockey! That is some seriously incredible stuff for a High School production! They even had a trailer courtesy of their drama teacher Perfecto Cuervo!

You can head on over to /r/LV426 to check out more of what Emo_Kid23 had to say on the production!

Make sure you stick with Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest on Alien and Predator! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter, Instagram and YouTube to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums!

Update 28/03/2019: The official Alien social accounts have tweeted a lovely video message regarding the play from none other than Sigourney Weaver herself!

Mike’s Monsters

School was never this cool.

The Kurgan

Amazing what you can do with ingenuity and passion.

Props to the kids  :)

Adam802

Awesome.  better than prometheus/covenant for sure!

AVP-CAPCOM

AVP-CAPCOM

Ah I remember in JUNIOR School us kids ages 7-11 so wanted to do an ALIEN themed Theatre play or at least prop show.

Props to that High School for having a sense of humour, not crying "ah it's an 18/R rated movie, what are these kids doing?" and being a crowd pleaser for all generations.

More live Theatrical ALIEN shows, whether Community or West End art centre please!

Corporal Hicks

Voodoo Magic

That is just too cool!

Naginata

The space suits in particular are incredible!  :o

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Now this is f**king awesome.

Voodoo Magic

Those kids must be freaking out!

Frosty Venom

Sigourney Weaver is so awesome. This makes me want one final appearance from her as Ripley ever more than I already did. I don't care if it's Blomkamp's Alien or a continuation of Resurrection.

The Old One

The Old One

Walter Hill and David Giler don't get enough credit, glad to hear the mention.

Sigourney Weaver and James Cameron? Hey, I'm impressed.
I'm sure they really appreciate Siggy's affections.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Frosty Venom on Mar 28, 2019, 01:16:05 PM
Sigourney Weaver is so awesome. This makes me want one final appearance from her as Ripley ever more than I already did. I don't care if it's Blomkamp's Alien or a̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶i̶n̶u̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶R̶e̶s̶u̶r̶r̶e̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶ something else.

Fixed.  ;D

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 28, 2019, 01:03:25 PM
Now this is f**king awesome.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Students at North Bergen High School in New Jersey recently put on an AMAZING production of <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Alien?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Alien</a>. Hollywood noticed. And so did... the Queen. <a href="https://t.co/u3iNOgk8Pr">pic.twitter.com/u3iNOgk8Pr</a></p>— Alien (@AlienAnthology) <a href="https://twitter.com/AlienAnthology/status/1111251596950810626?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 28, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So cool!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed