Did you feel Alien Universe better before Prometheus?

Started by Drukathi, Mar 24, 2019, 11:08:41 AM

Did you feel?

Yes.
41 (47.7%)
No.
45 (52.3%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Author
Did you feel Alien Universe better before Prometheus? (Read 33,518 times)

The Old One

The Old One

lmao, Original unaltered Trilogy or bust.

(Or the Darth Bane Trilogy, TCW, Darth Plagueis or KOTOR)

Voodoo Magic

Original unaltered trilogy all the way!

But full disclosure, even with all its problems and faults, I do have a soft spot for RotS.

The Old One

The Old One

Backstroke of the west, fourth best Star Wars film.

Xenomrph

Quote from: The Old One on May 25, 2019, 02:49:15 PM
lmao, Original unaltered Trilogy or bust.

(Or the Darth Bane Trilogy, TCW, Darth Plagueis or KOTOR)
As someone watching the Despecialized Edition right now, I'll go with "original mildly-altered trilogy"; there are some minor Special Edition changes that I do actually prefer, but they're few and far between.

Also Rogue One was great, and Solo was cool.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 25, 2019, 04:46:40 PM

Also Rogue One was great, and Solo was cool.

Actually you're right. Rogue One's edgy and has Mads, it gets my seal of approval. It's my favourite in fact. It just often slips my mind since it's not part of a trilogy, and I actually enjoy it so I don't associate it with the rest.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 25, 2019, 02:37:43 PM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 24, 2019, 09:10:44 PM
Side note here, EP 1 is the only Star Wars movie I can actually sit through without turning it off.

https://media.giphy.com/media/olnuKV0a3Et5C/giphy.gif
Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 24, 2019, 09:10:44 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on May 20, 2019, 06:55:40 AM
Quote from: Gash on Apr 26, 2019, 01:15:54 PM
No. It's largely much better after the prequels. I didn't feel it much before.
Was it the prequels that brought you into the franchise?

It's kind of an interesting idea I hadn't considered, similar to Star Wars fans who became fans because of the prequel trilogy (or now, 20 years later, people who may be becoming Star Wars fans because of the sequel trilogy) and how their outlook on what Star Wars "means to them" is different because of it.

Side note here, EP 1 is the only Star Wars movie I can actually sit through without turning it off. I do fall asleep sometimes though.

Don't point that thing at me. Not getting pissed off and quitting half way through isn't the same as liking something.

The Old One

The Old One

Rogue One's alright, I don't like the characters all that much though/find them interesting, Ben Mendelsohn carries the film.

Voodoo Magic

Yeah I thought the Rogue One was a mess. Horrible first two acts. Bad characterizations. But the Vader scene was sooooo awesome!! Yeah, yeah I know.

Xenomrph

The whole "best space battle in any Star Wars movie out of nowhere" thing in the last act was goddamn amazing, the grin on my face just kept getting bigger as it escalated.

The Old One

The Old One

The space battle is excellent, I'll certainly give it that.

Kudzu

Kudzu

To me the prequels breathed new life into the universe (especially since I hate Alien Res and the AvP movies). I prefer the Chaos edit for AC and Giftbearer edit for Prometheus, though.

Kimarhi

Covenant was infinitely better than Prometheus, and Fassbender gets to do Fassbender things, but it still is only slightly better than average imo.

The original Alien trilogy is still where its at.  Alien Res simply exist.  I hate Prometheus. 

Star Wars original trilogy is still better, but I do actually like the standalones quite well, and prefer the new trilogy over the prequel trilogy.  But I never was as diehard into those stories as some people were.

The Old One

The Old One

Generally agreed, apart from the Star Wars stuff.

P-Rock

I love Rogue One, but Solo felt very pedestrian to me. Also, the fembot was annoying as hell.

PsyKore

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jun 04, 2019, 11:40:29 PM
Covenant was infinitely better than Prometheus, and Fassbender gets to do Fassbender things, but it still is only slightly better than average imo.

I agree, although I feel like Covenant is up there with Alien 3, possibly better. But lately I'm thinking a lot of the problem with the prequels is that there's just too many pros and cons with them. And the pros and cons both have very strong aspects, so when you're trying to properly place these movies in your mind, it sort of feels like a tug-o'-war with yourself.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: PsyKore on Jul 02, 2019, 12:58:51 AM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Jun 04, 2019, 11:40:29 PM

I agree, although I feel like Covenant is up there with Alien 3, possibly better. But lately I'm thinking a lot of the problem with the prequels is that there's just too many pros and cons with them. And the pros and cons both have very strong aspects, so when you're trying to properly place these movies in your mind, it sort of feels like a tug-o'-war with yourself.

It helps having tastes that mean you genuinely aren't bothered by the cons.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed