I met Ian Whyte and Tom Woodruff Jr in person!

Started by RakaiThwei, Feb 17, 2007, 01:28:08 AM

Author
I met Ian Whyte and Tom Woodruff Jr in person! (Read 18,576 times)

RakaiThwei

The suit actors from AvP and now AvPII were visiting my hometown in Cherry Hill, New Jersey and when I caught wind of this, I knew that I couldn't pass up the chance to see these two, not to mention it has been my long life dream to meet a Predator actor, and an Alien actor. Tom and Ian Whyte were visiting my town for a convention known as Monstermania-con. This is the only convention which my town will get, maybe will ever get. So I just HAD to meet these two--

I first had to wait three and a half hours for Ian to arrive from England-- but the wait was worth it. Tom came into the hotel and I noticed him, waved, he smiled and wave back. Of course this was when I was waiting all for Ian!  ;D

Ian was the first person whom I spoke to regaurding AvP and AvPII...

Down below are my questions...

Me: Hello there Ian, my name's Philip Neris-- been a big fan of your work in AvP and also noticed you did some work in a Harry Potter film.

Ian: Thank you, and yes, I did do Harry Potter.

Me: Now the first thing I want to ask you, which ALL the fans are dying to know-- will there be a PredAlien?

Ian: *Looks around and grins* Well I'm not sure if I can really say everything but there are things you will definately love about AvP2.

Me: How do you compare yourself to the original Predator, Kevin Peter Hall?

Ian: Well Kevin was of course, the original and he was a very lean, very athletic person-- which was also reflected in the original Predator. I played the Predators who were huge, muscular and big-- like line backers but if you enjoyed the Kevin Peter Hall Predator, you will love AvP2, because we are going back to basics-- all the muscles are gone, he's lean and atheltic again!

Me: Like a mixed martial artist?

Ian: Yes.

Me: I have been hearing rumors that there will be an AvP Street fight, is this true?

Ian: Well there is alot more in AvPII, much more than the first one, I think you're gonna love AvPII. Alot more of action, fighting.

I also got an autograph from Ian Whyte on my TPB AvP comic and a signed photo of him in his Scar out.

I also managed to speak to Tom Woodruff Jr.

Me: Hey there Tom, my name's Philip Neris, it's a pleasure to meet you!

Tom: Pleasure to meet you Phil, I saw you when I came into the hotel!

Me: I loved you in the Alien films, and you had mentioned that the suit was very hard to wear and that the head for the Alien was eight pounds. What was it like wearing the suit?

Tom: Very uncomfortable and the studio doesn't really much care for the comfortability of the suit, as long as the actor can perform.

Me: Now regaurding the AvP films, the fandom has had an issue with Grid's exuberantly long tail-- why was this recorded on film?

Tom: Well if the Alien was to do something in one particular scene, it had to be done with computer. There were alot of inconsistencies and the tail often changed alot in the movie-- but we didn't think that so many people would catch onto this.

Me: Out of all the Aliens you have played, which Alien do you think is the weakest?

Tom: Do you mean in design, appearance, or just in terms of what it could do?

Me: What it can do, physically, I mean.

Tom: I would say that the Alien Ressurrection Alien would be the weakest of the Alien incarnations.

Me: Ha ha ha! I should've expected, since the film was regaurded with low views in the Alien fandom. I did love you in AvP though, and I hope to see you in AvP II.

Tom: Thank you!

Me: Now the fans are wanting to know-- WILL there be a PredAlien in AvP2?

Tom: Well people from Fox are everywhere.. [looks around] ...Anyway-- we know how the first one ends, and we know what has to go down, but I really can't say whats going to be in it

And if you don't believe that I met Ian Whyte or Tom.... see the pictures...

-Rakai'Thwei

ian36015

:-X OMG.. i feel happy for some reason..

RakaiThwei

I am happy too, and even gave a picture for Ian which I drew a long time ago-- he seemed to enjoyed it!

-Rakai'Thwei

Aliendrone

lucky...... ;)

RakaiThwei

I guess I am lucky, aren't I?

-Rakai'Thwei

SiL

Lucky you :)

RakaiThwei

I guess some people get to meet their heroes!

-Rakai'Thwei

SiL

Should've asked why the Alien went from biomechanical to flesh-monster in AR :P

RakaiThwei

Well, at least we got some clarification as to why the long tail in AvP. And Woodruff himself said that the Alien Ressurrection Aliens were the weakest compared to the other Alien incarnations.

-Rakai'Thwei

ian36015

You would think since there a cloned strain in the Xeno species

Pvt. Hicks

Wow, lucky you! I got to meet Stan Winston though, top that...just kidding, Ian and Tom are equally cool! You asked some pretty good questions.

Was anybody at that Comic book/movie thing a few weeks ago in LA that had Stan Winston speaking and talking about his book? If so, I was the kid who asked about Alien 5 and Terminator 4.

BrokenTusk

I'm a tad jealous Rakai, not to mention I used to be from NJ myself before I moved ::). I'm glad you got to meet them, plus Ian is huge.

RakaiThwei

Yeah, Ian is huge! He's 7'1 from what I believe... and he also told me that he also took up Tai-Chi and Kick boxing while I was speaking to him.

I was so happy to meet Ian that I was shaking. lol

-Rakai'Thwei

Darkness

Thanks for the report RakaiThwei. Was very interesting. Ian Whyte is so tall too.

Corporal Hicks

Lucky bastard! I wish I coulda been there.  :P Nice work on the Q/A

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed