The Emissary Predator Cut STILL EXISTS!

Started by skyrimfan14, Mar 19, 2019, 05:07:06 PM

Author
The Emissary Predator Cut STILL EXISTS! (Read 4,709 times)

Stitch

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 20, 2019, 02:30:58 AM
Quote from: Kradan on Mar 20, 2019, 01:43:49 AM
No problem...Doodoo Magic

Or Scooby-Doo Magic? Yeah, i like it more

Don't tell me I've gone toо far with it. No, i have not.

How about Scooby-DooDoo Magic?  ;D

Scooby-Doo, can doodoo, but Jimmy Carter is smarter.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Mar 19, 2019, 05:40:41 PM
If a rough cut of the film exists that might explain why we never saw anything with the other hybrids. Likely all existing towards the end of the film which is why the third act had to be cut.

Although it would be amusing if the hybrids never reached production and people complained over nothing.

Complained over nothing... as in regards to wanting an Emissary Cut? Because we know the ending was re-worked / re-shot.

Quote from: Stitch on Mar 23, 2019, 09:46:46 AM

;D

Stitch

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 23, 2019, 12:47:48 PM
Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Mar 19, 2019, 05:40:41 PM
If a rough cut of the film exists that might explain why we never saw anything with the other hybrids. Likely all existing towards the end of the film which is why the third act had to be cut.

Although it would be amusing if the hybrids never reached production and people complained over nothing.

Complained over nothing... as in regards to wanting an Emissary Cut? Because we know the ending was re-worked / re-shot.

Quote from: Stitch on Mar 23, 2019, 09:46:46 AM

https://66.media.tumblr.com/b094ce2cadb55ba5536665f447ec463f/tumblr_pec850FyDu1qelb9co7_r1_400.gif

;D
I hereby dub thee, Jimmy Carter Magic. From this day forth you shall be an ex president who pulls rabbits from hats.

Shaeffer11

I would have liked to see if they would've shown the Emissaries out loose to hunt like it said in the prequel even if it was in a controlled setting, for me I feel cheated on that they had a substantial budget for a Predator movie and we got something less than the director's vision due to external pressures aka producers feeling the outside noise

AhabPredator

Quote from: Shaeffer11 on Mar 24, 2019, 03:39:28 AM
I would have liked to see if they would've shown the Emissaries out loose to hunt like it said in the prequel even if it was in a controlled setting, for me I feel cheated on that they had a substantial budget for a Predator movie and we got something less than the director's vision due to external pressures aka producers feeling the outside noise

Most of that was for paying the actors/actresses.

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: Whos_Nick on Mar 22, 2019, 08:28:59 AM
Of course the footage exists but it's rough and needs vfx work done. Let's not make this a #ReleaseTheSnyderCut thing like those rabid DC fans did and still cling to

The Snyder cut is ridiculous because it's such a rough cut it's so early there are scenes missing. It's not just a matter of missing VFX, The Snyder Cut died so early there isn't that much footage to begin with. You likely have principal photography shots, sound stage content, and maybe some unfinished VFX shots. Joss Whedon came onto the project and rewrote and re-shot much of Snyder's script (and we know there is far more than the studio lets on), but pretty much what you see of Snyder's cut in the finished product is pretty much all there is outside of a couple of very unfinished scenes.

The Predator is a slightly different story.

We know that there is missing visual FX and probably some sound stage stuff that's still on that cut. It's not done but it was pretty close from what we know. But The Predator wrapped production some time in June of 2017 and was shooting for a March release date and at one point dabbled with February. Meaning that if it bumped up its release date, it was pretty close to being done. But the call for re-shoots occurred in the early part of 2018 and as such the whole third act got altered. The whole thing. There is a whole mostly done third act that no longer exists in the final cut of the film.

The difference between Predator and Justice League is that there not only is footage, there is mostly complete footage. It's not done for sure, but it was relatively close to being done.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: AhabPredator on Mar 24, 2019, 12:53:11 PM

Nah brother these were b and c pay scale actors. No real stars.

SuperiorIronman

Going by what we know of regarding production budgets for these films and not adjusting for inflation because I'm lazy.

Predator: 15 million
Predator 2: N/A
Predators: 40 million
Aliens Versus Predator: 60 million
Aliens Versus Predator: Requiem: N/A

The Predator has a final budget at about 88 million and while we don't have data regarding what its initial budget was before the re-shoot, it could be safe to say that it was comparable to Aliens Versus Predator but likely no lower than Predators. It probably is closer to AVP initially, but with the re-shoots forcing a rewriting, re-shooting, getting the actors back, filming new scenes with Upgrade, and having to actually rebuild sets that no longer existed for up to half a year by that point, it's pretty costly.

The Predator made about 160 million. It made back its production budget just fine but while it did make money, it did not make more than it cost to make it. It made money sure, but Hollywood producers want to make more money than the cost of producing. The Predator was not a complete failure (we would've known by now) seeing as marketing picked up the slack so the franchise isn't dead from this but the situation could've been so much worse.

It's likely far worse for the people who gave the okay for the re-shoot and its hefty price tag seeing as it did alright, but would've done better had it possessed a much lower production cost.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 24, 2019, 01:19:24 PM

Actually, comparing to the Predators cast with Adrien Brody, Laurence Fishburne, Danny Trejo... I'm going to have to revise my statement and say The Predator had c and d actors.

AhabPredator

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 24, 2019, 03:57:53 PM

Actually, comparing to the Predators cast with Adrien Brody, Laurence Fishburne, Danny Trejo... I'm going to have to revise my statement and say The Predator had c and d actors.

I really hope a publish of the allocation of funds comes out. I really, really hope.

Samhain13

Despite the budget, some parts felt cheap. It didn't look like it costed more than the others. Much of it must have been wasted on the reshoots.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: AhabPredator on Mar 24, 2019, 04:51:49 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 24, 2019, 03:57:53 PM

I really hope a publish of the allocation of funds comes out. I really, really hope.

It looks like around 11 Million for the entire main cast. Probably safe to estimate 14 Million tops for the entire actor lot including Edward James Olmos' cut work.

Shaeffer11

It would be nice to hear something from Shane Black or Jim Thomas about this film's performance and the future of the franchise. Agree?

HuDaFuK

Quote from: skyrimfan14 on Mar 19, 2019, 05:07:06 PMI recently chatted with Kyle on Instagram and asked him if he believes that cut still exists in raw form with the Emissary scenes edited into a complete timeline. He said for sure that it exists in raw form on a hard drive somewhere.

As others have said, they may have the raw footage of the actors doing their bits, but you can bet it'd need a lot of effects work and editing to finish it off, and it seems unlikely at this point that anyone's willing to invest that kind of money to complete it.

Personally, everything I've heard about the alternate cut makes me think I would've preferred it. Never got all the hate for the Emissaries.

BigDaddyJohn

Pretty sure the bit where Fugitive escape when we see the military men in the stairs etc, are from the first version of the movie with the hybrids.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed