Release or Chronological order?

Started by Frosty Venom, Mar 14, 2019, 05:29:46 PM

In which order do you prefer to watch the films

Release order
Chronological order
Author
Release or Chronological order? (Read 6,403 times)

Frosty Venom

You may not include every movie for your optimum watching experience but which order do you prefer?

Release order: Alien (1979), Aliens (1986), Predator (1987), Predator 2 (1990), Alien 3 (1992), Alien: Resurrection (1997), Alien vs. Predator (2004), Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem (2007), Predators (2010), Prometheus (2012), Alien Covenant (2017), The Predator (2018).

Chronological order: Predator (1987), Predator 2 (1997), Alien vs. Predator (2004), Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem (2004), Predators (2010?), The Predator (2018?), Prometheus (2093), Alien Covenant (2104), Alien (2121), Aliens (2179), Alien 3 (2179), Alien Resurrection (2381).

Not sure on the in-universe dates for Predators and The Predator but I assume The Predator comes afterwards.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Release order for Alien.

Haven't watched either AVP in a decade I think. And the Predator movies, I don't watch often, but when I do... I guess it doesn't matter 'cause release is chronological. :D

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Frosty Venom on Mar 14, 2019, 05:29:46 PM
You may not include every movie for your optimum watching experience

Unfortunately I do, not sure why I punish myself like this, maybe its to remind myself how good the original are in comparison.

But when I want to rewatch everything(which I recently did) I tend to go into release order until AVPR, after it the order doesn't matter much for me, just Covenant after Prometheus of course.

For stuff like games its usually release order too, while comics/novels tends to go more into chronological order.

Local Trouble

Release order since nothing after 1992 is worth watching anyway.

Frosty Venom

Watching the films for the first time I'd recommend release order. But once you get to know them I'd say chronological.

Huggs

Huggs

Well, when I'm not watching alien 3, ill watch everything in the order it was made.

PsyKore

PsyKore

I watch them as they were released. I feel like Prometheus and Covenant are their own thing and don't really "click" with the originals, so I view them as such. Covenant is still one of my favourite Alien movies regardless though.

Predwars24

I personally prefer chronological order but since I don't watch the AVP films, The Predator or the alien prequels in my marathons anyway I guess it doesn't matter anyway, as it's pretty much release order for the other films.

Voodoo Magic

I always let a bag of random trail mix decide what to watch next. I pull out granola? It's Alien. An almond? Predator. A cashew. Predator 2. A raisin? Alien Resurrection. And so on.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 20, 2019, 01:42:04 PM
I always let a bag of random trail mix decide what to watch next. I pull out granola? It's Alien. An almond? Predator. A cashew. Predator 2. A raisin? Alien Resurrection. And so on.

Aliens is the M&Ms, right?

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Mar 20, 2019, 02:45:14 PM

Along with rasins, I'm not a fan of M&Ms, so they can be AvP.  Peanut M&Ms can be Aliens.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 20, 2019, 02:47:53 PM
Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Mar 20, 2019, 02:45:14 PM

Along with rasins, I'm not a fan of M&Ms, so they can be AvP.  Peanut M&Ms can be Aliens.

Whaaat? Not a fan of M&Ms?! Curses!

The Old One

The Old One

Alien, Aliens, AlienĀ³ - (Perhaps) Outland, Blade Runner, BR2049, Prometheus, Alien Paradise Lost, (Perhaps) Resurrection.

Predator, Predator 2.

Drukathi

Drukathi

I watch Alien films in chronological order. And AvP too. But Predator films... I heard what Shane said what The Predator happened before Predators on chronological line. Well, I think, I will continue to watch Predator Quadrilogy in release order.

The Old One

The Old One

The idea "The Predator" is preceding anything cinematically is defunct.

It's Predator, Predator 2, Predators and The Predator.
Although only the first two are worth your time, maybe three.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed