Best Depiction of the Predalien

Started by Frosty Venom, Mar 12, 2019, 06:42:30 AM

Which is your favourite depiction of the Predalien?

Aliens vs. Predator: Duel
10 (25.6%)
Aliens versus Predator (1999)
0 (0%)
Aliens versus Predator 2/Primal Hunt
2 (5.1%)
Aliens versus Predator: Extinction
0 (0%)
Alien vs. Predator (2004)
3 (7.7%)
Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem
7 (17.9%)
Aliens vs. Predator (2010)
15 (38.5%)
AVP: Evolution
2 (5.1%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author
Best Depiction of the Predalien (Read 11,781 times)

Frosty Venom

Which depiction of the Predalien is the best in your opinion?

Aliens vs. Predator: Duel

Aliens versus Predator (1999)

Aliens versus Predator 2/Primal Hunt

Aliens versus Predator: Extinction

Alien vs. Predator (2004)

Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem

Aliens vs. Predator (2010)

AVP: Evolution

SiL

SiL

Probably Duel. I'd put AvP2 -- the game -- waaaaay down the bottom. The AvP 1999 design kind of gets a pass because it's arguably a genetic experiment, not a natural-born thing. AvP 2010 probably second place.

The Kurgan

AvP 2010 and Duel share the top spot. I also like the one on the cover of Primal Hunt. The in game depiction not so much.
The worst for me is the one in Extinction, thats one ugly SOB.

Frosty Venom

Yep 2010 and Duel for me as well.

I think the lack of the elongated skull damages the overall look of some of the Predaliens.

Also 2004's Chestburster over Requiems.

The Old One

The Old One

Official design's trash. (Every single, one.)
AVP 2004's chestburster's the victor.

Dave Dorman's PredAlien > the rest.

Frosty Venom

A special shoutout to Dave Dorman's Predalien is deserved.

Corporal Hicks

Definitely has to be Duel for me. But I still have some issues with the dreads in some of the panels but overall, his is the best!

Frosty Venom

It's actually quite surprising that they've yet to show the Predalien in another comic after it's first appearance in Duel.

Except for the White Hybrids but I guess that doesn't really count.

JokersWarPig

I love AVP's 2010, but I went with Duel. Something about that depiction just works in my mind.

Naginata

Naginata

Dorman's design, which is basically what they went with for 'Duel,' although they only really pulled it off on the cover.

Samhain13

Samhain13

I have never been a fan of the whole predalien with spikes thing. The ideal for me is to take the giger alien and make it bigger, mandibles or dreads on it don't even bother me, I want the original alien look.

Overall I would take the one from AVP2010. The AVP2 Predalien was by far the worst part of the game, even with the game explanation for its look.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Samhain13 on Mar 12, 2019, 05:31:18 PM
I have never been a fan of the whole predalien with spikes thing. The ideal for is to take the giger alien and make it bigger, mandibles or dreads on it don't even bother me, I want the original alien look.

Honestly, I'd be fine with just being a bit taller and the mandibles being the only discerning factor.

SuperiorIronman

I say Requiem but only noting that I do have some problems with it. I think the film does it right by including some much needed color on it which helps it stand out in a lineup. It's also a bit meatier which gives the impression that this is an Alien who will smack you around for awhile. The head and feet don't really look right with me because the digitigrade feet are irrelevant to a biped who primarily isn't moving on all fours. Sure you can have digtigrade legs as a biped but that's kind of odd on a PredAlien given the Predator is a plantigrade first and the Alien can do both, and yet specializes for speed in which it doesn't really display. Further compounded in that a tail is for balance at highspeeds and it only uses it as a stinger and to be completely honest, I've never been satisfied with the tail in any incarnation.

I find it more believable in 2010's versions, but that one rubs me the wrong way for other reasons.

My issue with the PredAlien as a whole is that it should be a bit meatier than the other Aliens seeing as it does come from a species who specializes in brawling. However post-Requiem it's just a bigger warrior with a different head and I feel like artistically we can do better than that. I'm also not a fan of the chunkier hands and thought they got the right idea the first time with Big Chap hands relative to its size.

molasar

molasar

I kinda like the AVP2 Predalien.

The Old One

The Old One

The best, retract the fimbria though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed