User Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The smallest details...  (Read 405 times)

AhabPredator
Mar 11, 2019, 03:34:23 AM
Topic on: Mar 11, 2019, 03:34:23 AM
Q
List the smallest details you've noticed that just... sell the universe.

For me, personally:

The Drone will play a unique animation when pointing the Flamethrower directly at it. The Drone will suddenly pause, shield its face, and growl at the player, as if comprehending the danger the Flamethrower poses to it. It will also walk much more slowly and will not screech if the player holds the Flamethrower at it.

Still Collating...
Mar 11, 2019, 05:55:02 PM
Reply #1 on: Mar 11, 2019, 05:55:02 PM
Q
I loved that moment when I saw how the alien reacted to the flamethrower!
Another moment: when you're coming back from your first (or maybe second?) playable space walk and you can hardly see the alien on the outside of the station crawling.
IMO the game is very fun, but even more, it's so beautiful I keep replaying it for the aesthetics. 

AhabPredator
Mar 11, 2019, 07:51:32 PM
Reply #2 on: Mar 11, 2019, 07:51:32 PM
Q
Another moment: when you're coming back from your first (or maybe second?) playable space walk and you can hardly see the alien on the outside of the station crawling.
IMO the game is very fun, but even more, it's so beautiful I keep replaying it for the aesthetics.

I swear each time I play it, I notice things I never saw before. That's what signals to me that it's a masterpiece.

The world feels...alive. In a way many modern games aren't.

Huggs
Mar 12, 2019, 12:17:49 AM
Reply #3 on: Mar 12, 2019, 12:17:49 AM
Q

Never noticed this. If I may ask,  where is it on the outside of the station?

PsyKore
Mar 12, 2019, 01:11:50 AM
Reply #4 on: Mar 12, 2019, 01:11:50 AM
Q
I liked when the Alien would slowly creep (no stomping). It happens rarely but it is so unnerving if you spot it doing it.

There's also been a few moments when the Alien just stands there still for a while looking around while klaxon lights and sirens are flashing. And you're hiding there wondering, "what is it doing?!" It's so damn cool.

Still Collating...
Mar 12, 2019, 08:56:11 PM
Reply #5 on: Mar 12, 2019, 08:56:11 PM
Q

Never noticed this. If I may ask,  where is it on the outside of the station?

When you're returning to the station after you've aligned the dish. Starts at 0:17. Very quick, but a beautiful detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D02Yua2CS90

Predator@Alien
Mar 15, 2019, 08:43:09 AM
Reply #6 on: Mar 15, 2019, 08:43:09 AM
Q
Personnaly I love the references to Ash.

Some people can ne seen with a magazine in the throat.

Sometimes, working joes are teading like Ash.

The android which be killed by Samuels have its fingers moving just like Ash when he wants to kill Ripley.

And yes, weird places where Xenomorph can be seen are really cool, but the video is not complete, I discover some more.

And I love the link in Corporate Lockdown and Trauma, when we can see Ransome if we play Lingard and inversly.

Sabres21768
Mar 19, 2019, 01:18:25 AM
Reply #7 on: Mar 19, 2019, 01:18:25 AM
Q
The details that really draw me in are ones like the “drinking bird”, how the station looks lived in and used, and things like the pictures and notes inside lockers.

Facebook Twitter Instagram Steam RSS Feed