Sins of The Predator

Started by Kradan, Mar 09, 2019, 07:38:59 PM

Author
Sins of The Predator (Read 11,966 times)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Master on Jun 17, 2019, 09:12:53 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 17, 2019, 08:41:21 PM
Quote from: Stitch on Jun 17, 2019, 08:21:47 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Jun 17, 2019, 04:38:39 PM
He-he.  ;D

Spoiler
My plan is to make people keep talking about The Predator so they eventually will have to make peace with its existence
[close]
Nobody is refuting its existence, they just don't like the content.

Kradan didn't say anything about refuting its existence. He just wants people to not be so bothered over it.

What are the Five Stages of Grief again?  ;)

I'm currently depressed with TP.

You're already on stage four? That's progress! ;D

426Buddy

426Buddy

I'm still in denial :D

PsyKore

PsyKore

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 17, 2019, 03:06:27 AM
Quote from: PsyKore on Jun 15, 2019, 10:02:37 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 12, 2019, 09:51:20 PM
Shane Black confirmed on Twitter that it's not all Predators that harvest DNA if that helps.

I'm still not ok with it even if just a small percentage of Predators do it. It makes no sense.

Sure it does. Per the "Predators" script, the beefier Super Predators in that movie were also into self genetically modified practices, plus they hunt their own kind. So I consider both the Super and Upgrade Assasin Predator from the same dishonorable, blasphemous Yautja clan. And that clan uses single bladed guantlets.

I don't remember anything about genetics in the movie (I don't care about the script), just the "wolves and dogs" analogy, or whatever it was. But I much prefer the bad blood idea over genetic shenanigans.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: PsyKore on Jun 18, 2019, 09:24:16 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 17, 2019, 03:06:27 AM
Quote from: PsyKore on Jun 15, 2019, 10:02:37 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 12, 2019, 09:51:20 PM
Shane Black confirmed on Twitter that it's not all Predators that harvest DNA if that helps.

I'm still not ok with it even if just a small percentage of Predators do it. It makes no sense.

Sure it does. Per the "Predators" script, the beefier Super Predators in that movie were also into self genetically modified practices, plus they hunt their own kind. So I consider both the Super and Upgrade Assasin Predator from the same dishonorable, blasphemous Yautja clan. And that clan uses single bladed guantlets.

I don't remember anything about genetics in the movie (I don't care about the script), just the "wolves and dogs" analogy, or whatever it was. But I much prefer the bad blood idea over genetic shenanigans.

I thought the director might have put this to bed in the new AVPG interview, but..

SM

SM

Question - If the Predator came to Earth to give humans something to fight the upgraded hybrid Predators  - why the killing spree?

skhellter

skhellter

answered in the leaked script.

The predator gets captured by Stargazer, which had done a deal with the "Baddie" Predator faction to "survive" through future baddie Predator incursions.
His "killing spree" is mostly Stargazer staff... which... was fair game.

His goal was to make it to the base where the emissary predators where living.

Movie makes 0 f**king sense.  :laugh:
Complete botch job.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: SM on Jun 29, 2019, 09:23:09 PM
Question - If the Predator came to Earth to give humans something to fight the upgraded hybrid Predators  - why the killing spree?

The same reason Wolf skinned the cop.

Spoiler
For the heck of it.
[close]

Oh, and also because

Spoiler
the movie sucks and makes no sense at all.
[close]

SM

SM

Quote from: skhellter on Jun 29, 2019, 09:30:32 PM
answered in the leaked script.

The predator gets captured by Stargazer, which had done a deal with the "Baddie" Predator faction to "survive" through future baddie Predator incursions.
His "killing spree" is mostly Stargazer staff... which... was fair game.

His goal was to make it to the base where the emissary predators where living.

Movie makes 0 f**king sense.  :laugh:
Complete botch job.

Ah.  That makes sense.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed