Is it worth it to criticise The Predator so much?

Started by Kradan, Mar 09, 2019, 09:03:14 AM

Author
Is it worth it to criticise The Predator so much? (Read 6,570 times)

SiL

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 13, 2019, 11:28:22 PM
I can't help but wonder how many people here (rightfully) criticized the shit out of this turd and then shelled out even more money to buy the Blu-ray.
I'll get it eventually, but after enough time where the studio doesn't care about the sales numbers any more.

AhabPredator

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 13, 2019, 11:40:58 PM
Quote from: SiL on Jun 14, 2017, 07:53:25 AM
If someone doesn't like the direction a movie franchise is taking, literally their only means of communicating that to the studio is to not financially support the direction the franchise is taking, so good on you Local.

I weaseled out of paying for this one too.  :laugh:
'
I will ONLY pay for a movie I think will be good. The last time I shelled out cash was for Into the Spiderverse. And the Last Jedi. I'll let you guess which one I regret viewing.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Went to the theater once. Bought it on Blu-Ray.

I haven't gotten to the point with Predator and Alien where I've thought not to do that. But admittedly with Alien Resurrection I got very close.

AhabPredator

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 14, 2019, 01:43:15 PM
Went to the theater once. Bought it on Blu-Ray.

I haven't gotten to the point with Predator and Alien where I've thought not to do that. But admittedly with Alien Resurrection I got very close.

Did the Wal-Mart vs. W-Y dialogue make you cringe, too?

From that point forward I took nothing in the movie seriously.

Local Trouble

I think it's time to stop with the physical media.  Get with the times, people.

Predwars24

No because Physical Media is much better than digital media.

Local Trouble

Time to let it go.  They're dust traps.

AhabPredator

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 14, 2019, 11:59:59 PM
Time to let it go.  They're dust traps.

Let the past die. Kill it if you have to.

CelticP

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 14, 2019, 11:41:28 PM
I think it's time to stop with the physical media.  Get with the times, people.

I like things tho

Local Trouble

Things are just stuff that eventually turns into crap.

Samhain13

Diginal can be free. Only books need to be physical for me, I don't do well with e-books. Maybe if there is a comic that is really good I will get it, but normally they are average so I don't.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: AhabPredator on Mar 14, 2019, 10:43:20 PM

That was only in the Special Edition.

Quote from: AhabPredator on Mar 14, 2019, 02:25:17 AM

They still got the money. Regardless of whether it was yours or not, though. That's not a "vote with your wallet" kind of thing at the end of it all. :-\

PsyKore

This is the first movie in either franchise I haven't been bothered to buy yet. It was honestly just too much to swallow, and that ending just capped it off. That said, though, I don't think it's wrong for the fans to hate these films and buy them as well. I bought Requiem even though I hated it, but I still had to watch it again at home. I can't make sense of why I bought that but won't buy The Predator though. :laugh:

Nostromo

AhabPredator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 15, 2019, 08:41:24 AM
Quote from: AhabPredator on Mar 14, 2019, 10:43:20 PM

That was only in the Special Edition.

Quote from: AhabPredator on Mar 14, 2019, 02:25:17 AM

They still got the money. Regardless of whether it was yours or not, though. That's not a "vote with your wallet" kind of thing at the end of it all. :-\

Very true. I should have just waited for the movie to come to a streaming program I have. But I went because of the D-Box seating. Do they have those in the UK?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed