Fire and Stone Engineer Rifle

Started by Rabbit2100, Mar 07, 2019, 10:59:40 PM

Author
Fire and Stone Engineer Rifle (Read 2,768 times)

Rabbit2100

Rabbit2100

So I recently had a strong desire to learn how to 3d sculpt. Last summer I was also lucky enough to be gifted a 3d printer. I was able to teach myself blender and worked out a rifle in the same style as the Ahab/Galgo rifle. I'm about halfway through printing all of the individual pieces. This had been a MASSIVE learning experience for me. The prints have been coming out BEAUTIFULLY too. I've also been trying to develop a revolver/handcannon to accompany this rifle, but I just cant get a good blend of giger/gutalin influence onto a handcannon.

Would love to hear any feedback or critiques from anyone with experience using Blender!

AhabPredator

This is amazing. What scale is this?! I would love to make a 1:1 scale one one day.

I am so jelly.

Corporal Hicks

Absolutely gorgeous! Can't wait to see the physical model!

AhabPredator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 08, 2019, 12:39:18 PM
Absolutely gorgeous! Can't wait to see the physical model!

What this guy said. Listen to him.  :laugh:

Rabbit2100

Rabbit2100

I'm hoping to keep the length around 40ish inches. I'm hoping that it will be large enough to seem just slightly unwieldy in a average person's hands. The pieces have been printing EXTREMELY well. I'm waiting on some new parts to upkeep my printer and knock out the rest.

AhabPredator

Quote from: Rabbit2100 on Mar 08, 2019, 07:33:10 PM
I'm hoping to keep the length around 40ish inches. I'm hoping that it will be large enough to seem just slightly unwieldy in a average person's hands. The pieces have been printing EXTREMELY well. I'm waiting on some new parts to upkeep my printer and knock out the rest.

That looks freaking gorgeous. Color me interested in how much this is to print....because if you'd be willing to print another and it's not out of reach, I might buy it off you to complete Ahab. ;)

Huggs

Huggs

Fantastic work.

But does it take glock mags?  ;)

Rabbit2100

Rabbit2100

Quote from: AhabPredator on Mar 08, 2019, 07:39:50 PM

That looks freaking gorgeous. Color me interested in how much this is to print....because if you'd be willing to print another and it's not out of reach, I might buy it off you to complete Ahab. ;)

I'll keep this in mind. I think the next one I print I want to try to implement some LEDS to mimic a firing sequence. Now that the models are made and being printed I think that it wouldn't be difficult to design channels for wiring/diodes/batteries.

TC

TC

Looks great!

What happened to that piece in the middle? It's half grey and half black. Did you change the filament halfway through the printing process? I didn't know you could do that.

TC

Rabbit2100

Rabbit2100

I managed to kitbash a handcannon to accompany, used a jockey and some destiny guns. Wanted to incorporate some more traditionally recognizable engineer shapes.

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: Rabbit2100 on Mar 09, 2019, 10:13:11 AM
I managed to kitbash a handcannon to accompany, used a jockey and some destiny guns. Wanted to incorporate some more traditionally recognizable engineer shapes.

Immaculate.

Corporal Hicks

Depending on costs, I'd also be interested in getting a copy if you're going to look into that!

Rabbit2100

Rabbit2100

Small update. Recently upgraded some parts on my printer and the results are just astonishing! This is the absolute BEST looking piece to come off the printer to date. If the rest of the gun comes out half as well then the clean up and painting will be a BREEEEEEZE

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

I am excited and mildly jealous of you!  :laugh:

Looks amazing, bud. Keep up the good work!

Rabbit2100

Rabbit2100

Dry fitting some of the pieces. Some of it's been epoxied together. Gotta grab some Apoxie sculpt to fill some seams but so far its coming together very well.

Piecing this bad boy together has taught me quite a bit about modeling and if I had the opportunity to go back I would have designed the model with more intrinsic connection pieces. as well as internal channels for LEDs.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed