The 1st Predator Ship

Started by Shaktiman, Mar 06, 2019, 08:25:18 AM

Author
The 1st Predator Ship (Read 14,448 times)

Shaktiman

Shaktiman

Hello everyone,,
I've always been a little fascinated with the first Predator ship, briefly seen flying past the camera to Earth in the opening shot of the Original film. I guess it's known colloquially by fans as the, "Scout Ship".

Looking at it, something that I noticed is that, while it's interesting, nothing about it explicitly screams, "Predator Design" like all the others do.

In all the other films, the ships were an extension of the Predator "look" for the film.

Master

Master

It's as Predator as it can be.

If you like it, there are several others stored on Predator mothership in first AvP.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Other then it being a basic design, I never considered it drastically different than the other Predator ships.

Now the interior of these ships, that's a different story. I absolutely love the tribal, advanced yet ancient ship interior we saw in "Predator 2" only for it to be discarded for the loathsome cold steel, more human design used by the Crabators in AvP.  So frustrating!

Master

Master

Same thing seems to be a case in The Predator. AvP-R?  I can't really tell. To damn dark. In Predators we have no interiors, so yeah P2 is still absolutely the best.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

In the AvPR docs, one of the Strause brothers said that the "Predator 2" ship was a big inspiration in designing the Predator homeworld with the look, the color palette, etc. which made me pretty happy.

So I do believe that, if the Strause brothers didn't have to stay somewhat consistent with AvP in regards to the previous ship and the Predalien birth to start their movie, we would have seen Predator ship interiors more faithful to what was shown in Predator 2 in AvPR.

Master

Master

They didn't have to. They even changed  the altar, Scar was placed on after his demise.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 06, 2019, 08:10:08 PM
http://i.imgur.com/JLQ5rF5.jpg

Other then it being a basic design, I never considered it drastically different than the other Predator ships.

Now the interior of these ships, that's a different story. I absolutely love the tribal, advanced yet ancient ship interior we saw in "Predator 2" only for it to be discarded for the loathsome cold steel, more human design used by the Crabators in AvP.  So frustrating!

Just flyin' through space in my giant gator head.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Master on Mar 06, 2019, 08:53:47 PM
They didn't have to. They even changed  the altar, Scar was placed on after his demise.

Yes they made slight alterations, but I remember one of the Strause bros saying they needed to remain somewhat consistent because they were doing a sequel.  Now is that a result of an internal code or studio mandate, I really don't know, but I do get it.

Quote from: Huggs on Mar 06, 2019, 08:56:27 PM

Umm, exsqueezeme?

Master

Master

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 06, 2019, 09:05:31 PM

Yes they made slight alterations, but I remember one of the Strause bros saying they needed to remain somewhat consistent because they were doing a sequel.  Now is that a result of an internal code or studio mandate, I really don't know, but I do get it.

Umm, exsqueezeme?

John Davis. This is probably the answer you seek.

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

I know that these guys are hunters. Can you imagine Yautja military units/ships?

Jesus.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Master on Mar 06, 2019, 09:08:24 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 06, 2019, 09:05:31 PM

Umm, exsqueezeme?

John Davis. This is probably the answer you seek.

2nd picture.

Looks just like an alligators head.

SiL

SiL

Since they were showing the same ship at the beginning, they kind of did.

They could've gone with a classical interior when they move onto the smaller ship, though.

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

I was fine with the change in interiors if only because they see in infrared meaning that the color, lights, and smoke are pretty much inconsequential to begin with. On some level I'd even find that harder for them to maneuver seeing as it doesn't seem uncommon to walk around without your helmet. They'd probably trip on something with all that smoke. Calibrating that helmet must be a pain in the ass.

To me though it's always been stylistic differences between individuals and clans to explain the differences.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Mar 07, 2019, 04:00:59 AM
I was fine with the change in interiors if only because they see in infrared meaning that the color, lights, and smoke are pretty much inconsequential to begin with. On some level I'd even find that harder for them to maneuver seeing as it doesn't seem uncommon to walk around without your helmet. They'd probably trip on something with all that smoke. Calibrating that helmet must be a pain in the ass.

To me though it's always been stylistic differences between individuals and clans to explain the differences.

I believe I am recalling correctly that what you're looking at isn't smoke, but a result of the warm air temperatures Predators require to function properly. A type of advection fog which forms as warm moist air moves over a colder floor. So we're not talking aesthetics here, but rather function.

Plus Predators seem pretty organized so I wouldn't worry about them leaving something on the ship floor to trip on.  ;)

Master

Master

Nah, they tend to throw their stuff around. Predstors are dirty slobs, I bet they are tripping all the time.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed