Anyone else hates the xenomorph design on Covenant?

Started by rafaelgg, Mar 03, 2019, 09:23:07 PM

Author
Anyone else hates the xenomorph design on Covenant? (Read 13,533 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Except... the Alien Monarch, the Alien³ design and the Isolation enhancement of the original H.R Giger design.  ;D

Local Trouble

Alien Monarch?

Huggs

Local Trouble

Are we talking about the Alien King?

The Old One

The Old One

James Cameron's Queen, because "Queen" is incorrect- sex isn't applicable.

Huggs

Quote from: The Old One on Mar 04, 2019, 03:01:41 AM

I'm willing to try if she is.

How often does one get to share their bed with royalty?

The Old One

The Old One

Thirsty.

Huggs

More feisty than thirsty, although I could use an aquafina.

Stitch

Quote from: The Old One on Mar 04, 2019, 03:02:22 AM

But in all seriousness, I've realised what I don't like about the Covenant Alien. It doesn't look like an alien, it looks like a licker from resident evil with an alien head.

Samhain13

Oasis Nadrama

I completely agree with Stitch.

I get the Écorché approach but frankly the end result has nothing to do with Giger's work. Superficial resemblance and it's not even interestingly rough.

And yes I hate it. Like almost everything in Alien Covenant.

rafaelgg

rafaelgg

Some of you dislike the fact the alien having two joints legs and at the same time wanting the alien to movie bipedly. and not quadripedly like we see it on "Alien Covenant".
  But the fact is that if the you show the xenomorph walking bipedly with one joint its movement looks too much human and "man on suit", thats the reason why  Ridley Scott avoided on 1979 to show full body shots of the xenomorph walking.
   Even whe it was intended to film the xenomorph walking on a full body shot the made Bolaji Badejo, perform some kind of "crab walking" instead walking erected on his two legs (Thanks God it was deleted cause it´s laughable):

But if you take the Big Chap from "Alien" and give him two joints legs, you can show him walking without its movements looking too much human and without the sensation is a man in disguise. So for me the design on "Alien Isolation" is perfect:

https://vimeo.com/205286480

The Kurgan

Quote from: Samhain13 on Mar 04, 2019, 03:11:10 AM
Quote from: Stitch on Mar 04, 2019, 03:08:58 AM
https://readingtosleep.files.wordpress.com/2015/08/08afc-giphy.gif

There is nothing there on my alien figures.

No joke, the ancient Halcyon resin kit of the Queen had a vagina. Not just some kind of egg laying orifice, labia and everything.

rafaelgg

rafaelgg

Quote from: The Kurgan on Mar 04, 2019, 09:23:14 AM
Quote from: Samhain13 on Mar 04, 2019, 03:11:10 AM
Quote from: Stitch on Mar 04, 2019, 03:08:58 AM
https://readingtosleep.files.wordpress.com/2015/08/08afc-giphy.gif

There is nothing there on my alien figures.

No joke, the ancient Halcyon resin kit of the Queen had a vagina. Not just some kind of egg laying orifice, labia and everything.

It´s called the"Queen"as the term is used when we talk about bee hives social structure.
  And she has the capability of breeding, that makes her by logic a "female" being.

If Ridley Scott wanted the xenomorph on "Alien Covenant" with skinny limbs and moving quadripedly he better should have used the Giger´s xenomorh redesign for "Alien 3". At leat it would have got the classic biomechanoid aesthetic:

Stitch

Quote from: rafaelgg on Mar 04, 2019, 09:35:35 AM
If Ridley Scott wanted the xenomorph on "Alien Covenant" with skinny limbs and moving quadripedly he better should have used the Giger´s xenomorh redesign for "Alien 3". At leat it would have got the classic biomechanoid aesthetic:

In all fairness, as much as I like Giger's work, that design doesn't work for Alien, in my opinion.

It does, however, look like something that could work for Sil from Species, which is unsurprising given that Giger designed Sil.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed