Anyone else hates the xenomorph design on Covenant?

Started by rafaelgg, Mar 03, 2019, 09:23:07 PM

Author
Anyone else hates the xenomorph design on Covenant? (Read 13,552 times)

rafaelgg

The Old One

The Old One

^ Garbage. Worst design.

ADI = Amalgamated Dynamics Incorporated.

Alien designers 1992, 1997, 2004, 2007.

Bad Alien Adult designer's
(Newborn's technical brilliance though) 1997-2007.

Samhain13

rafaelgg

Quote from: Samhain13 on Mar 04, 2019, 12:07:31 AM
Its the company that made the aliens from Alien 3, Alien R., AVP and AVPR.

Amalgamted Dynamics: Sadly Ridley Scott didn want to use their experience on alien mechanical effects and suit in favor of using CGI in all scenes where the xenomorph is involved:

rafaelgg

Quote from: The Old One on Mar 04, 2019, 12:15:12 AM
Cockroach headed Alien.

Quote from: The Old One on Mar 04, 2019, 12:11:12 AM
^ Garbage. Worst design.

With all respect I disagree: Covenant is the worst design: As someone have said a bladn ultraskinny human figure with a penis head. It lacks detail and elaboration:

I would alway preffer the steamlined look of Jeunet´s swimming aliens

Samhain13

Quote from: rafaelgg on Mar 04, 2019, 12:21:51 AM

Now that does not look good, I remember it looking better on the movie. I might need to finally watch Covenant for the second time.

Local Trouble

I don't mind the skinny limbs, I just don't like the texture of the skin.  And the flimsy tubes.

rafaelgg

Quote from: Samhain13 on Mar 04, 2019, 12:25:13 AM

Now that does not look good, I remember it looking better on the movie. I might need to finally watch Covenant for the second time.

Judge yourself:

The Old One

The Old One

The Resurrection Alien's gelatinous garbage. No elegance.

The above's a superior streamline, organic Alien.

rafaelgg

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 04, 2019, 12:29:20 AM
I don't mind the skinny limbs, I just don't like the texture of the skin.  And the flimsy tubes.

Those two things bothered me too.
It´s a terrible design.
At least H.R Giger loved the Ressurrection xenos.

Quote from: The Old One on Mar 04, 2019, 12:31:56 AM

https://66.media.tumblr.com/8d54f0833882065eb848003d5f67b7c4/tumblr_oua94xkyXG1s2xbj9o4_500.gif

The Resurrection Alien's gelatinous garbage. No elegance.

The above's a superior streamline, organic Alien.

I disagree.It has no elegance on his design neither his way of moving.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 13, 2019, 11:21:15 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on Jan 13, 2019, 10:36:44 PM
Actually Giger didn't, I remember reading that he called it a piece of sh*t or a turd or something like that. I don't remember the exact phrase he used.

https://alienseries.wordpress.com/2016/04/29/alien-resurrection-hybrid-theory/

Quote"I always wanted my Alien to be a very beautiful thing, not just something disgusting, not just a monster, but something aesthetic. Throughout the creature's evolution what they've done is change it from something aesthetic to something that looks like shit – I mean literally, it looks like a turd."
~ HR Giger, Alien Evolution, 2001.

:laugh:

Samhain13

Quote from: rafaelgg on Mar 04, 2019, 12:31:23 AM
Quote from: Samhain13 on Mar 04, 2019, 12:25:13 AM

Judge yourself:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rcMAo1vplw

Texture/skin looked better on the movie than on the statue, the 4 legged running bothered me more. I like my aliens standing up like men, not dogs.

Skinny aliens can look fine, the ones on Labyrinth were good. Its about what they are made of, aka being goddamn biomechanical.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 04, 2019, 12:35:59 AM
Actually Giger didn't, I remember reading that he called it a piece of sh*t or a turd or something like that. I don't remember the exact phrase he used.

Quote"I always wanted my Alien to be a very beautiful thing, not just something disgusting, not just a monster, but something aesthetic. Throughout the creature's evolution what they've done is change it from something aesthetic to something that looks like shit – I mean literally, it looks like a turd."

Giger literally said nothing wrong.

rafaelgg

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 04, 2019, 12:35:59 AM

Yeah I was wrong, I remembered he claimed be credited on Ressurrection so I though he endorsed the new design, but I didn´remember the rest of the information.
  The Covenant alien texture is horrible instead of loo like a exoskeleton it looks like a body with its skin peeled of  what suggest vulnerability and weakness.

The Old One

The Old One

H.R Giger's correct. The Resurrection design's trash.

The MPC Alien's a beautiful creature, man's animalistic distortion.

Isolation Alien  > H.R Giger's Alien > Alien³ > Aliens >  MPC Alien > The Newborn > Trash > AR = AVP Alien > AVPR

Elmazalman

Original Giger 1978/9 Big Chap.

Nothing before - or since can touch it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed