Favourite Synthetic

Started by Frosty Venom, Mar 03, 2019, 04:56:42 PM

Who is your favourite synthetic character?

Ash
Bishop
Call
David
Walter
Samuels
Working Joe(s)
Karl Bishop Weyland
Katya
Arnaud Eisenberg
Butler/Bueller
Ellen Ripley (synthetic)
Eloise
Elden
Davis One
Liliya
Marcus
Jeri
Norbert
Dean
Author
Favourite Synthetic (Read 2,714 times)

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

I voted Bishop because there was only one choice allowed but I do like Ash, Bishop, the Working Joes and Samuels

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Nostromo

Nostromo

Hard to choose between Ash, David & Walter, Bishop was great too. I picked Walter to give him some support. But Ash was awesome, love that actor.

PS> Hadn't noticed the other additions, Working Joes and the main Synth from Defiance are awesome too.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Anything Fass

PsyKore

PsyKore

I have to say Ash just because of his performance and him being so memorable. It's the little nuances he does that make you wonder what's up with him or that can also make him frightening. Fassbender has later done that style but taken it to 11. I like Fassbender's performance A LOT, but Ian Holm is the original and best twitchy robot. :)

The Old One

The Old One

...Fair enough.

Kradan

Kradan

Still no Jeri option? ARGH!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Kradan on May 14, 2019, 08:20:10 PM
Still no Jeri option? ARGH!

Good shout! Added and voted.  ;)

Also added Norbert but I can't remember the name of the other Synths from Stronghold.

SiL

SiL

Dean was the chonky boi, wasn't he?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Dat's the unit I was thinking about. Added him.

Frosty Venom

Frosty Venom

Those are quite different models of the kind of android characters I was talking about, but I'll cop it.

SM

SM

No love for Liston, Steward or Billy?

(Joking.)

Walter2104

Walter2104

Walter, of course ;D

FenGiddel

FenGiddel

For me, Ash was low-key, his quirks easily explained away by his appearance as a prissy intellectual who couldn't be bothered with anyone other than the Captain or Kane. Consider the use of androids like Ash to guard Company ships' crews against any 'funny business': would the investment (and risk) in deploying a machine like Ash far outweigh the potential 'threats' to which Company assets might be vulnerable during these voyages?

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Ash is my favourite synthetic. The A2 models appeared to have (limited) free will - the malevolence Ash displayed when interrogated by the three human survivors was disturbing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed