Favourite Synthetic

Started by Frosty Venom, Mar 03, 2019, 04:56:42 PM

Who is your favourite synthetic character?

Ash
Bishop
Call
David
Walter
Samuels
Working Joe(s)
Karl Bishop Weyland
Katya
Arnaud Eisenberg
Butler/Bueller
Ellen Ripley (synthetic)
Eloise
Elden
Davis One
Liliya
Marcus
Jeri
Norbert
Dean
Author
Favourite Synthetic (Read 2,745 times)

Frosty Venom

Frosty Venom

Who is your favourite Synthetic character and why?

Talk about what you like about those android characters which you like best.

It's too hard for me to choose out of the synthetics in the films but it's probably a close tie between Ash and Bishop followed closely by Call & David and then Walter.

I didn't trust Samuels at first but after his sacrifice I grew to love the man.

I find the relationship between Bueller/Butler and Newt an interesting one. Both of them questioning how real the love between them truly is.

The character development of Davis One and Liliya were both interesting takes on androids overcoming their programming for the good of mankind.

Lmk if I need to add anymore to the list but there's already a lot there to choose from.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Can't decide between Bishop and Samuels, but chose Bishop because why not? They both prove they're good guys through risky tasks that ultimately get them maimed or destroyed.

The Old One

The Old One

Difficult choice.

Films; Best to worst;
David, Walter, Call, Bishop, Ash.

Love the characters of Arnaud Eisenburg, Samuels and Davis.

Overall? Marcus though.

Huggs

Huggs

Ash.

It's Ian frickin' Holm man.

Makes all the difference.

Roby

Roby

Love Ian Holm as Ash. But Bishop character was more interesting. I liked Call as a character too.

Oasis Nadrama

Oasis Nadrama

Marcus is the best one. This character is so subtle and ambiguous in the nove.

In close seconds, Samuels and Bishop. Both are heroic and adorable, I cannot choose between the two of them.  :)

Predwars24

Predwars24

Bishop is my favorite. Ash is a hard second as upon second viewing you start to see these kind of warning signs (Of him being an android) as he almost never changes his tone of voice, or how his face is always straight, everyone else is losing their cool and yelling but Ash just keeps his cool throughout the entire film.

Kradan

Kradan

"silent whisper" david "louder" David "louder and louder"David! "screaming"DAVID! "screaming with foam around my lips"DAVID! DAAAAAAVIIIIID!

Quote from: The Old One on Mar 03, 2019, 06:40:48 PM
Overall? Marcus though.

What i really didn't get about TCF is actions of Marcus in the end. So he just pukes Plagiarus Praepotens due to his insanity or what?

Could you be so nice to bother explaining it to me?  :)

The Old One

The Old One

Blue's dream/nightmare?

Kradan

Kradan

So it was not real? OK

By the way TCF was the first book written in English i've ever read. I really felt how much my vocabulary supplies lack. Maybe second reading will be better experience. And here's still audiobook left untouched. I like to save better pieces of cake for later.

SiL

SiL

I'm with Ash. Ian Holm's performance was great.

TC

TC

You forgot Jeri?

TC

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: TC on Mar 21, 2019, 01:41:17 PM
You forgot Jeri?

TC

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRJBisf6sOja3FLPQt1eoqbrRcvNl-1rJmyv-2smLIdKNgXPlry

It's unfair. It's really unfair. I've never expected that idea of synth Alien can make such fun-to-read comic. I demand adding Jeri to the poll. Or i gonna...Or i... Ok i don't have plan for such case. But it gonna to be something terrible and gruesome...like cigar smole full of instant deadly virus.

Old One, stop to be perfectionist, please. There should be place for some craziness.

The Old One

The Old One

Jeri is perfection, for Jeri's story.

Kradan

Kradan

Correct.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed