Farzad Vrahramyan Shares New Alien 5 Concept Art!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 03, 2019, 11:29:38 AM

Author
Farzad Vrahramyan Shares New Alien 5 Concept Art! (Read 29,935 times)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: XenoHunter99 on Apr 01, 2019, 01:36:50 PM
The Kenner line wasn't meant for curmudgeonly, perfectionist fans with stratospheric expectations of the product line, It was meant to go along with a kids' cartoon show.

You realize that I can love them and think they're shit at the same time right? Case in point, I spent dozens of hours making these in homage to the Kenner stuff. But going all out on the [host] features instead of the Alien features is silly as f**k, nostalgia aside.

XenoHunter99

@[CANCERBLACK]: I get it. Cool figures! Thanks for sharing the pictures.  :)

@SM: I got the clear Ambush Predator on a mail-in. That's a weird figure. I don't think it was ever released in a blister.
https://mikestoyblog.com/2014/04/retro-review-kenner-ambush-predator/

Corporal Hicks

XenoHunter99

XenoHunter99

Nice take on the bull alien.The fancy tips may impede the horns' stabbing function.

Huggs

That looks awesome.

[cancerblack]

Disagree. Artist is clearly very talented but it's really poor as an Alien design for a lot of reasons.

SM

Yep.

Looks like something from Hellboy.  It's moved a fair way from looking like an Alien.

SiL

If you told me that was a completely unique design unrelated to Alien I wouldn't bat an eye.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: SM on Apr 03, 2019, 11:01:32 PM
Yep.

Looks like something from Hellboy.

The reboot Hellboy, at that. :-X

The Old One

The Old One

Yeah, I don't enjoy discouraging anyone but it's totally inappropriate for Alien.

Naginata

I kinda like the gums (weird thing to notice, I know) because it vaguely evokes the nostrils of a bull without just slapping a pair of bull nostrils on an alien. But everything else... eh. I wish they'd concentrate on xeno-fying the skeletons on the animals in the same way The Big Chap was extrapolated from a human skeleton. Especially other bovine skeletons, since they look f**king WEIRD:

In other words, the xeno should look as much like the animal as the original design looks like a human. ^ Imagine that, but Giger-fied. I think it could work.

The Old One

The Old One

I personally believe the Alien ought to only get as different as the human born (Alien/Aliens) to animal born. (Alien³)

All vaguely humanoid.

The Alien is host genetic domination.
Uncompromised perfection.
The "DNA reflex" is a survival mechanism, so the body structure formed is analogous for survival.  i̶d̶e̶n̶t̶i̶c̶a̶l̶
The "Runner" E.G, is a beautiful design.

No protrusions, it's aerodynamics' perfect.
It inherits a quadrupedal stance.
̶b̶i̶p̶e̶d̶a̶l̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶n̶c̶e̶

The logical conclusion.
A tough protrusion's a hindrance.
As Isolation depicts the entire Alien form is pliant, through tight areas.

A exterior protrusion serves no purpose if it's a offensive or defensive mechanism, because if it's pliant it's by definition; not sharp.
The tail, claws and inner jaw exists regardless.

Basically, always seven-eight feet, always phallic, always limber and always erotic.
It's why the Kenner designs or anything like them never belong on film,
It's why every PredAlien design has been a failure,
aside from arguably the Dave Dorman one if you omitt the hair.

Huggs

I'd love to see the bull design in a tongal short. If we can have the pa kettle body and anus mouths of the neomorph in a Hollywood production, why not something a little more..."horny" as it were?   ;)

The Old One

The Old One

Because the Neomorph's a Alien ancestor, imperfection's appropriate.

The final Alien is consistent, and always nearly identical.
The difference between the original Alien, Aliens' adult and Alien³'s adult is the correct amount of variation.
Beyond that? It starts getting ridiculous, and inelegant.

Huggs

It...could...work!!!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed