What's the deal with Predator blood?

Started by Kradan, Mar 01, 2019, 11:00:30 PM

The best looking Predator blood was in...

...Predator
12 (48%)
...Predator 2
8 (32%)
...AVP
1 (4%)
...AVPR
2 (8%)
...Predators
1 (4%)
...The Predator?
1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author
What's the deal with Predator blood? (Read 3,283 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Predator Concrete Jungle:

"Yautja blood is a neon green bioluminescent substance that originates from a Yautja's body. The substance is known to be a life giving substance, which gives virtually any known species an extended lifespan. This was first discovered by Hunter Borgia, who utilized the blood in order to keep himself alive after a century."

Credit@ Xenopedia.

Corporal Hicks

I believe that actually came from AvP: Eternal first - one of the better AvP stories - as it had one of it's main characters as having eaten Predator hearts for hundreds of years to maintain his youth and life.

SiL

SiL

Definitely in AvP Eternal first.

Well, its effects on humans; it doesn't mention animals.

The Old One

The Old One

Haha Concrete Jungle's so ridiculous, love it.

Huntsman

Quote from: The Old One on Mar 05, 2019, 01:37:20 PM
Haha Concrete Jungle's so ridiculous, love it.
One of the best Predator things ever.

It takes a lot of cues from Pred 2, but that's okay. It does it's own thing in other areas.

AhabPredator

Scarface is my second favorite Yautja in the EU. He walks the line between bad blood and honorable hunter. His sadistic use of vocal mimicry is second to none.  ;D

Not to mention, that armor design!  :o

Huntsman

The Predator blood can either be a strategic asset or a weakness, depending on the hunter.

Whereas Alien blood is a straight up weapon from hell.

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: AhabPredator on Mar 06, 2019, 12:32:04 PM
Scarface is my second favorite Yautja in the EU. He walks the line between bad blood and honorable hunter. His sadistic use of vocal mimicry is second to none.  ;D

I used to frequent a Predator costume forum back in the day and I recall so many people tried to replicate his mask. Hell, even I considered it with those wall hang masks the shops thought people would wear as Airsoft masks. I don't think anybody ever built a full suit though.

Been digging into a lot of the Kenner stuff lately and NECA did a figure (I think based on Kenner) where the Predator had translucent skin enabling the blood to glow underneath. Sure it was to help explain the gimmick of it glowing in the dark, but something like that is a kind of unique take on the appearance.

AhabPredator

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Mar 06, 2019, 12:58:59 PM
Quote from: AhabPredator on Mar 06, 2019, 12:32:04 PM

I used to frequent a Predator costume forum back in the day and I recall so many people tried to replicate his mask. Hell, even I considered it with those wall hang masks the shops thought people would wear as Airsoft masks. I don't think anybody ever built a full suit though.

Been digging into a lot of the Kenner stuff lately and NECA did a figure (I think based on Kenner) where the Predator had translucent skin enabling the blood to glow underneath. Sure it was to help explain the gimmick of it glowing in the dark, but something like that is a kind of unique take on the appearance.

Challenge accepted. That will be the next suit build I do, if I ever have another one made.

Voodoo Magic

The Lava Planet Predator laughs at all of your favorites, for it knows it's the Yautja supreme!

A descendant of a rare tribe that inhabited the lethal volcanic regions of Yautja Prime.

They wear specialized masks and cloaking nets to suppress the high levels of radioactivity. Their invisibility cloaking technology is highly advanced and nearly always active as a protective electromagnetic field against the radiation, though invisible undulations of skin and armor are constantly moving and shifting amongst the fiery red landscape these Predators occupy.

Lava clan warriors carry specialized weaponry specific for hunting the Vy'drach insectoids of the desert. This is a rite of passage for most common Yautja warriors, but for the Lava clan, it is a way of life.

AhabPredator

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 06, 2019, 01:53:38 PM
The Lava Planet Predator laughs at all of your favorites, for it knows it's the Yautja supreme!

A descendant of a rare tribe that inhabited the lethal volcanic regions of Yautja Prime.

They wear specialized masks and cloaking nets to suppress the high levels of radioactivity. Their invisibility cloaking technology is highly advanced and nearly always active as a protective electromagnetic field against the radiation, though invisible undulations of skin and armor are constantly moving and shifting amongst the fiery red landscape these Predators occupy.

Lava clan warriors carry specialized weaponry specific for hunting the Vy'drach insectoids of the desert. This is a rite of passage for most common Yautja warriors, but for the Lava clan, it is a way of life.

PFFFFFT!

Get rekt.

Lava, who? This mofo is leader of all Yautja. 

He is the spitting image of Kalakta in my mind.
;D

Voodoo Magic

Just wait for the lava Predator revolution! The supreme leader and all of Yautja Prime will never see it coming!

Stitch

Quote from: AhabPredator on Mar 06, 2019, 02:40:52 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 06, 2019, 01:53:38 PM

PFFFFFT!

Get rekt.

Lava, who? This mofo is leader of all Yautja. 

He is the spitting image of Kalakta in my mind.
;D
Hmm, mask design isn't dissimilar to the super predators in Predators.

A Lost Hunter

The sequence in the slaughterhouse in Predator 2 is beautifully shot, as too the cauterization -- the blue, faintly glowing paste smeared onto the green bloody wounds.

It would be very interesting (I am at a disadvantage as insofar as I know I have never seen KY jelly for sale here in the UK) to experiment with glow sticks and jelly to get a practical feel for the difficulties the crew faced. It would make an interesting post.

In the "making of" film "The Hunters and the Hunted"  I am almost sure the director alludes to the difficulty as it quickly dried.

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: A Lost Hunter on Apr 02, 2019, 03:43:40 PM
The sequence in the slaughterhouse in Predator 2 is beautifully shot, as too the cauterization -- the blue, faintly glowing paste smeared onto the green bloody wounds.

It would be very interesting (I am at a disadvantage as insofar as I know I have never seen KY jelly for sale here in the UK) to experiment with glow sticks and jelly to get a practical feel for the difficulties the crew faced. It would make an interesting post.

In the "making of" film "The Hunters and the Hunted"  I am almost sure the director alludes to the difficulty as it quickly dried.

It's pretty much lube and glowstick fluid. I'd imagine that you could substitute the fluid with an oil of similar consistency. However as products evolved over the decades since Predator 2 I'd imagine that it would be kind of difficult to get the exact formula. That being said maybe there is a poster who knows how to make it, I know I'd be interested since it'd make a fun Halloween or shelf prop. Maybe like a jar of Predator blood with a tooth or something in it IDK.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed