Fox Announces Alien: Isolation Digital Series!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 27, 2019, 05:44:31 PM

Author
Fox Announces Alien: Isolation Digital Series! (Read 68,669 times)

Kradan

Sorry for interfering your private conversation but:

I was really surprised when realised that he was android at moment when Waits was sending  player to trap Stompy. I mean, it was not clearly pointed till that.

HuDaFuK

Like I said, in the game it was telegraphed much, much earlier than that, but they omitted it from the series.

Prez

So I just finished the series and I enjoyed it quite a bit. As previously stated whilst I'm a big fan of the game I never really had the chops (or time) to play it at length.

Only just realised that Dan Abnett co wrote the original story too.

Kradan

That concept art looks great!

Still Collating...

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 03, 2019, 10:35:10 AM
Quote from: Ironb4lls on Mar 01, 2019, 04:15:43 PM
I'm not sure why they were in such a rush to get this up online. Alien Day would've made a lot more sense, and they could've had more time to polish it.

Impatience on our part. "Where's the #Watch component?!" Then the leak happened, set some expectations that weren't accurate to what they were actually doing.

Quote from: The Old One on Mar 01, 2019, 03:59:35 PM
I don't see venom, but genuine criticism.

For what it's worth, Fox actually considers our community to be the most honest and genuine - but more importantly to me, civil - of the Alien/Predator groups out there. Even in our criticism and dislike of this series. So for that, I am proud of everyone who takes part in this community. That's exactly the kind of environment I'm trying to foster with my draconian laws.

Really, that's the reason they put it out now? The ReadPlayWatch marketing started in January. Blackout and Resistance came out days apart from each other. People were logically expecting that the watch part comes out soon as well. I thought they delayed the release because of the reaction from Blackout? To keep the rhythm going, they could have announced the series officially at the end of January, keeping the pace consistent from the previous releases, but release the series on Alien Day.

So what if there was a leak? Knowing what's coming shouldn't be a problem. Fox should've announced it a lot sooner IMO. We know an Isolation novel is coming and there's no revolt to give us the book this very moment. If they really intended to polish this more, they should've waited.

Oh, well. Appreciate the idea and good will. Wish it had been better executed, but hey, I'm looking on the bright side. At least it's not another A:CM...

Corporal Hicks

Well that's just supposition on my part. I believe it was put back because of the response to Blackout's announcement. I believe it was pulled forward because of impatience and the risk of that leak setting unrealistic expectations (again).

Hudson

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 03, 2019, 11:13:16 AM
Like I said, in the game it was telegraphed much, much earlier than that, but they omitted it from the series.

Eh...I don't even think it was telegraphed or obvious by his comment about sleep. Call me dense, but when he first said he didn't need as much sleep, my original reaction was merely, "What?" I felt they were using a cheap tactic there to build tension. But it's tension that doesn't really lead anywhere. There was really nothing gained by the first overt reference to Samuels being an Android not coming until Waits says so. Felt clumsy and unfinished, and it's sure to have something to do with the fact that he originally was a villain.

Rankles75

Just got through watching it. As someone who's never played the game, I enjoyed it for the most part. Yeah, some of the animations left a lot to be desired, and it was tricky to follow at times, but it was definitely better than I was expecting. Would definitely be interested in a movie (or movies) following Amanda's story, though I very much doubt that's in the pipeline.

Ingwar

Brutal but honest review. And I agree with Mr H.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpaQGDCgwOg

gabgrave

Quote from: Hudson on Mar 03, 2019, 01:32:39 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 03, 2019, 11:13:16 AM

Eh...I don't even think it was telegraphed or obvious by his comment about sleep. Call me dense, but when he first said he didn't need as much sleep, my original reaction was merely, "What?" I felt they were using a cheap tactic there to build tension. But it's tension that doesn't really lead anywhere. There was really nothing gained by the first overt reference to Samuels being an Android not coming until Waits says so. Felt clumsy and unfinished, and it's sure to have something to do with the fact that he originally was a villain.
Actually wasn't there a monitor screen at the start of the game when you wake up and wear clothes that shows how long each person had been in the hypersleep chambers or something like that? I kinda starting thinking "that's a Bishop reference" when it showed that the guy woke up long before the others came out of hypersleep.

Stitch

I was looking online for Amanda Ripley models, to see if they had been ripped from the game when I found this:

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Z5lqbX

I notice that it was posted 2 months ago, so it's fairly recent. The artist says they're not the final renders, because he hasn't got access to the files, but they're better than what was put in the digital series. I wonder why they didn't use these? Or at least ask to use them.

Nukiemorph

Alright, finally got this done.  Had a few setbacks and it takes forever to render.

All episodes seamlessly branched together.
Sigourney's voice has been restored.
The beacon shutdown has been re-inserted.

Still Collating...

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 03, 2019, 12:20:21 PM
Well that's just supposition on my part. I believe it was put back because of the response to Blackout's announcement. I believe it was pulled forward because of impatience and the risk of that leak setting unrealistic expectations (again).

Oh, I didn't take it like that. Thanks for the clarification.

Roby

I'm looking forward to watching it. I don't have equip to play Isolation but I just started Blackout. Nice to catch up on what happened before.
I like following Amanda for this though I don't think I'd be interested in a series based around her. I'd rather see some new characters.
Wonder what's going to be released for Alien Day!?

Nukiemorph

Quote from: Roby on Mar 03, 2019, 09:20:39 PM
Wonder what's going to be released for Alien Day!?

We're still waiting on those Tongal short films.  I won't get much hopes up for anything more than those on Alien Day.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed