Fox Announces Alien: Isolation Digital Series!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 27, 2019, 05:44:31 PM

Author
Fox Announces Alien: Isolation Digital Series! (Read 74,017 times)

Corporal Hicks

Since just before the New Year, 20th Century Fox has been teasing their #ReadPlayWatch campaign that focuses on Alien: Isolation’s Amanda Ripley. Dark Horse Comics’ Aliens: Resistance kicked off the Read component – the second issue of which is out today! And last month saw the release of Alien: Blackout (Play).

We’ve since been waiting patiently for the campaign’s Watch component. That wait is about to end! IGN has just shared the trailer for the Alien: Isolation Digital Series!

It’s been fifteen years since Amanda Ripley’s mother disappeared aboard the deep space towing ship Nostromo. And for fifteen years, Amanda has suspected there was more to her mother’s story than meets the eye.

In this new digital series reimagining a familiar and fan-favorite story, 20th Century Fox has expanded on Alien: Isolation by taking the cut scenes from the 2014 game and adding in new story beats to bring the tale of Amanda Ripley to life in a whole new way.

The Alien: Isolation Digital Series consists of 7 episodes, and they’re all due for release via IGN (or their YouTube channel) tomorrow at 9 a.m. PT (5pm GMT).

Keep a close eye on Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest Alien news! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter and Instagram to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien fans on our forums!

The Old One

The Old One

CANON Machinima!  ;D lol

P1NK8C1DBOOTS

I mean it looks great....and I'm stoked to watch this....that final shot of the alien in the flames looks 👌👌👌BUT why couldn't we get a continuation of Isolation....a sequel.....that would have been amazing!!

The Kurgan

Nice.

Curious what it will bring to the table and if it is as good a experience when you watch it instead of playing it.

Voodoo Magic

Wow, I really thought we would be waiting until Alien Day.

Quote from: P1NK8C1DBOOTS on Feb 27, 2019, 05:57:47 PM
I mean it looks great....and I'm stoked to watch this....that final shot of the alien in the flames looks 👌👌👌BUT why couldn't we get a continuation of Isolation....a sequel.....that would have been amazing!!

Because me thinks not all Alien fans play games.

TERMINATOR-SSD

i find it absolutely LAUGHABLE that it's going to be on IGN. I mean IGN where the reason why the game failed 'to Sega' giving the game a 5.9/10. As so many people are sheep to IGN they just follow them and agree with them. Ultimately hindering the sales of the game and stopping any chance of a sequel.

Then after all the bad press and feedback on IGN, they turn around and start shoving out posts on how good the game is. IGN for you...

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 27, 2019, 06:02:10 PMBecause me thinks not all Alien fans play games.

Yeah, I saw a comment on Facebook suggesting that this is so people who haven't played/completed the game can get her backstory going forward, and that makes total sense.

The Old One

The Old One

Sega's unrealistic expectations and requirement's the reason.

Although, Defiance, Resistance and Rescue's the continuation.

T Dog

Would it be safe to assume Fox might testing the waters for an Amanda centred live action tv show and/or movie?

The Old One

The Old One

Perhaps, prithee no though.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: P1NK8C1DBOOTS on Feb 27, 2019, 05:57:47 PM

Because, as Sega declared a long while ago, the original never sold enough units to make a sequel financially viable.

It might have been critically acclaimed, but was not commercially successful.

Quote from: TERMINATOR-SSD on Feb 27, 2019, 06:04:38 PM
i find it absolutely LAUGHABLE that it's going to be on IGN. I mean IGN where the reason why the game failed 'to Sega' giving the game a 5.9/10. As so many people are sheep to IGN they just follow them and agree with them. Ultimately hindering the sales of the game and stopping any chance of a sequel.

Then after all the bad press and feedback on IGN, they turn around and start shoving out posts on how good the game is. IGN for you...

Eh... About 6-7/10 would be about the score I'd give it, too. Too glitchy and prone to AI-cheating for me to ultimately progress very far. A great sense of atmosphere, but a lot more frustrating than fun.

Corporal Hicks

I'll never agree on you when it comes to Isolation. Never.  :laugh:

I've known the bare basics of this for a while now and have been quite excited about it. I'm really looking forward to seeing how this has all turned out!  ;D

The Old One

The Old One

The idea "the A.I cheats" is a maximum misconception.
Information:

Regardless;
Spoiler

&
SEGA's Isolation expectations, projections...
Unrealistic.

"Isolation sold incredibly well.
Considering ACM &
the history of movie-licensed games.
(& Cheaper alternatives.)
Isolation was a success,
Sega were unrealistic about the measure of it's success.
Especially considering that incredibly shit IGN review.
ACM's reception the previous year, Isolation's expense
(Triple AAA) and niche genre."

Kradan

I have only one to say: HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!!!!!!!  :o  :o  :o  :o

BlazinBlueReview

Feel like this is testing for a sequel game. Or films wjth Amanda Ripley in it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed