Started by yhe1, Feb 26, 2019, 07:49:55 PM

Which is more offensive

David Creating the Alien
6 (19.4%)
Predators hunting for Autism and Iron man suits
25 (80.6%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author
which is more offensive? (Read 3,718 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Necronomicon II on Feb 27, 2019, 09:00:02 AM
They're not even remotely comparable, see my signature.  ;D

What if the predators were harvesting big dick serum?

Necronomicon II

Necronomicon II

Well that'd be fine just fine.  ;D

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Quote from: Huggs on Feb 27, 2019, 09:29:40 AM
Quote from: Necronomicon II on Feb 27, 2019, 09:00:02 AM
They're not even remotely comparable, see my signature.  ;D

What if the predators were harvesting big dick serum?

Then Dutch's team would be lucky that Jungle Hunter was only after their heads instead of their " serum".

Necronomicon II

Necronomicon II

So long as there's an endless corporeal nightmare of sinew, sex organs and mechanics that violently fuse flesh and technology in beautiful transfiguration via a sexually repressed, satanic A.I. playing with shoggoths - and no ancient space elephants - then we'll be fine just fine.  ;D

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

In the sense of actually being disrespectful to real-life people, then I'd say 'The Predator', but in terms of giving the middle-finger to the fans, the trophy goes to 'Covenant'.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Xenomrph on Feb 27, 2019, 11:02:39 AM
In the sense of actually being disrespectful to real-life people, then I'd say 'The Predator', but in terms of giving the middle-finger to the fans, the trophy goes to 'Covenant'.

Seconded

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Xenomrph on Feb 27, 2019, 11:02:39 AM
Pretty much exactly what I was going to say

Oasis Nadrama

Oasis Nadrama

Still of the opinion that Alien Covenant is an undeliberate but very strong celebration of rape culture. So that's the most offensive thing to me.

I haven't seen The Predator (will likely never do so, I'm through with watching pure shit) but the ableism/neuronormativity surely cannot compete?

SiL

SiL

How is it a celebration of rape culture when the rapist is explicitly the bad guy?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Oasis Nadrama on Feb 28, 2019, 04:01:18 AM
Still of the opinion that Alien Covenant is an undeliberate but very strong celebration of rape culture.

Totally.  5 o'clock.

SM

SM

Is Alien twice the celebration with two bad guys doing the 'raping'?

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 28, 2019, 04:20:20 AM
Quote from: Oasis Nadrama on Feb 28, 2019, 04:01:18 AM
Still of the opinion that Alien Covenant is an undeliberate but very strong celebration of rape culture.

Totally.  5 o'clock.

I've got 10:25.

SiL

SiL

Pretty sure the whole franchise is pretty ... pretty specific on the "rape is bad" thing. It's literally about rape monsters raping people and then they die horribly. Covenant is about a literally dickless incel inventing said rape monster specifically to rape and murder people.

At what point do we get to the "...and that's a good thing!"?

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: SiL on Feb 28, 2019, 04:24:15 AM
Pretty sure the whole franchise is pretty ... pretty specific on the "rape is bad" thing. It's literally about rape monsters raping people and then they die horribly. Covenant is about a literally dickless incel inventing said rape monster specifically to rape and murder people.

At what point do we get to the "...and that's a good thing!"?

Apparently at 5 o'clock.

Oasis Nadrama

Oasis Nadrama

Already developed my thoughts in another post, to sum it up:

QuoteThe fact David is the bad guy doesn't escape me either. (I was surprised you didn't bring it up if you were to dismiss the "rape culture" political criticism.)

Alien is about rape, okay. David is the bad guy, okay. Really, all of this is taken into account and all of this is okay.

The trouble comes from the fact David is incredibly enhanced and iconized. David is the true star of the movie.

(...)

The movie doesn't say David is right, but it romanticizes and idealizes him, while clearly establishing him as a symbolic, thematic and literal rapist (how do you call someone who literally organizes the unwilling penetration and fecundation of other individuals?).

The rapist depicted as beautiful, cunning and fascinating; as well as the deepest character in the movie: this is rape culture.

Director's cut here.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed