How would you bring Dutch back to the series?

Started by germanator2, Feb 26, 2019, 03:42:33 AM

Author
How would you bring Dutch back to the series? (Read 7,736 times)

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Yeah, or go the opposite direction and the event left him with PTSD and has become his life's obsession.

Huggs

I'd make him old, incredibly fat and with no zest for life.

He spends his days changing light bulbs on the rides as a carnie. Every night before he goes to bed in his little shed, he waves his hands all around to feel for invisible predators, and screams at every shadow. Sometimes he sees dreads emerging from the toilet bowl. His little teddy bear is missing an ear and has a grenade duct taped to its chest. He calls it Mac, but sometimes calls it Billy when he is frightened into running away. He finds solace in the Flaming Dragon kiddy ride, and often drinks himself to sleep in the goat corral. Sometimes he works on his "suit". An amalgam of Iron Man, The Rugrats, and Red Green technology.

And now, unwashed, unshaven, mentally unstable, and scared to death, he will once again meet his greatest foe. May Odin smile upon his corndog bandoleer, and grant him the intoxication necessary to form proper insults. If sh*t goes down, he's diapered.

Predator 3

"Whoever loses, doesn't win".

Ronoc

You want to remake Rambo III with aliens?

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 26, 2019, 11:44:33 PM
Dutch tried settling down. Got married. Had a son. But his wife couldn't take the depression, the night terrors, the mood swings any longer and left him. Now he's bunkered up in a remote log cabin alone. Living off the land. Hasn't talked to anyone in years. He's tried to forget what happened, still haunted by those events to this day. The cold sweats, the hallucinations. He has a noose hanging from the rafters, always asking if today will be the day. Always asking.

Then one day he gets something he would never expect. A visitor.  Dutch is informed by the military that after all these years, one's back, a Predator is back,.

And now there is a military operation that the U.S. lost contact with. Thirty missing men and women. We can't reach them. They're gone. Just gone. And Dutch...Peter... your son.  Your son was among those soldiers.

Naginata

I really dug (as the hip youths say these days) the "Onyx" portrayal from Jeff Vandermeer's 'South China Sea' novel, where Dutch becomes this black ops underworld figure who - if you run in the right shady circles, ask the right questions, and pay the right price - will tell you all you need to know about the yellowed-eyed ghosts you saw on the battlefield.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

As did I, good idea that.

Naginata

In that vein, I think the whole 'black ops underworld' vibe is a great untapped concept for Predator media. I don't know if anyone read 'Bloody Sands of Time" (READ IT'S AMAZING HOLY SHIT), but the idea of characters doing detective work - tracking down rumors, pouring through ancient texts, tapping into CTV cameras for juuuuust a glimpse of a shimmer on a rooftop... That stuff could be awesome if done well. Might even bring some mystique back to the series.

I also really like the idea (South China Sea touches on this) of a black market for Predator artifacts. Rich assholes pay ridiculous sums of money for things like dinosaur fossils and famous artwork, only to keep them locked in their mansion where nobody can see them. Imagine how ape they'd go for a Predator mask?

The Old One

The Old One

I already (kinda) created a topic about the idea, but yes I do enjoy the "Onyx" concept.

acrediblesource

Arnold + Sylvester Stalone VS Predator Contra style

Huggs

Quite honestly, none of the characters should ever come back. It's not necessary.

If only another franchise we know of would do the same.

[cancerblack]

The Old One

The Old One

On principle I agree, but I do think you could do something interesting-
if you put Dutch and Harrigan on opposite sides of the board.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Old One on Jul 02, 2019, 04:42:05 PM

Hmm. Sounds intriguing.

Huggs

Quote from: The Old One on Jul 02, 2019, 04:42:05 PM

You have to say that last part like the Van Helsing Dracula.

Nevertheless, I still think keeping the casts new is the best direction.

LastSonofKrypton

Dutch and Harrigan could be in a retirement home in the tropics.

Think Bubba Ho- Tep but with Predators

Voodoo Magic

I just had a thought.

What if Dutch loses himself and begins hunting humans. He goes all Colonel Kurtz in Apocalypse Now and disappears from society and lives in the jungle permanently. Mysterious killings start occurring in the jungle, even skinnings, all thought to be a Predator but they're not... which even gets the attention of OWLF. Dutch even recovers the Jungle Hunters helmet and uses it.

Yeah, that would put Dutch at odds with Harrigan if Mike was leading the new OWLF team, that's for sure.

Yeah, I'm loving that idea.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed