Idea's of a Perfect Alien vs Predator film

Started by Predwars24, Feb 16, 2019, 09:23:49 PM

Author
Idea's of a Perfect Alien vs Predator film (Read 7,941 times)

Still Collating...

That's the only place it can go really. Future, colonial marines, a colony world, space station. They should just try and make a good Aliens styled movie, but with a Predator thrown into it. That's basically what the original comic and AVP 2 were. Maybe it's nostalgia, but if we got AVP 2's story done seriously and with a tighter script, I'd die of excitement.

JokersWarPig

It has to be set in the future with most of the human characters being marines. AVP and AVPR just didn't feel right with Aliens being here in the modern day.

I've said it before but think the best route for it would be a series of some kind, similar to what the Life and Death comics did. Have one story revolve around Predators hunting marines, and another story revolving around xenomorph eggs being discovered and some kind of infestation taking place that another group of marines are sent to deal with. Then eventually have these two stories crash into one another and lead us into an actual AVP story.

I might be alone here but I'd prefer if the Predators had no idea xeno's were on the planet until the two stories connect, and even then I'd want the Predators to not really have any previous in depth knowledge about them like they did in the movies. Have the humans and the Predators just completely blind sided by the arrival of the xeno's

Wysps

That sounds sort of similar to the original AvP story, with Machiko and Broken Tusk. It really is the best route for AvP to take, fast forward to the future but still on a planet that's reminiscent of what we have today. The tech has changed, we have some futuristic elements that are in line with the advancements that are shown in the earlier Alien movies, but much of everything else has remained the same - even the primitive way that we ranch "cattle". Seems like a good mix of the two.

Still Collating...

Adapting the first AVP comic would be great indeed.

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Jun 24, 2019, 12:53:15 PM
It has to be set in the future with most of the human characters being marines. AVP and AVPR just didn't feel right with Aliens being here in the modern day.

I've said it before but think the best route for it would be a series of some kind, similar to what the Life and Death comics did. Have one story revolve around Predators hunting marines, and another story revolving around xenomorph eggs being discovered and some kind of infestation taking place that another group of marines are sent to deal with. Then eventually have these two stories crash into one another and lead us into an actual AVP story.

I might be alone here but I'd prefer if the Predators had no idea xeno's were on the planet until the two stories connect, and even then I'd want the Predators to not really have any previous in depth knowledge about them like they did in the movies. Have the humans and the Predators just completely blind sided by the arrival of the xeno's

A series would definitely work IMO. It would be interesting for once to have the predators face the aliens unexpected, like an unknown threat. The ones who don't get ripped apart would realize they discovered their new favorite prey.

[cancerblack]

Make Aliens again but chuck in a predator. It sounds lazy because it is, but it'd also do well.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jun 25, 2019, 10:04:40 PM
Make Aliens again but chuck in a predator.

I'm visually imagining chucking in a Predator.  :D

SiL

Just yeet a Predator right into Operations and close the door.

Still Collating...

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jun 25, 2019, 10:04:40 PM
Make Aliens again but chuck in a predator. It sounds lazy because it is, but it'd also do well.

This. And plus, someone write the predator as a sci fi, technological-tribal hunter, out for some skulls. Since "some people" tend to forget that...

Predwars24

I think someone had the right idea about advertising the film as an Aliens film and then surprise everyone with the idea of the Predator even being in the movie.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SiL on Jun 25, 2019, 10:54:06 PM
Just yeet a Predator right into Operations and close the door.

Fund it.

Quote from: Predwars24 on Jun 26, 2019, 04:47:13 PM
I think someone had the right idea about advertising the film as an Aliens film and then surprise everyone with the idea of the Predator even being in the movie.

Wouldn't work in the internet age, which is genuinely a shame since it'd be the hypest shit ever if you could actually keep a lid on it.

The Old One

The Old One

I don't know, Marvel Studios' kept
plenty under wraps.

[cancerblack]

I do not believe for a moment that anyone could make an Alien movie with a predator as anything but a brief cameo and keep it a secret.

JokersWarPig

I think they could, especially since you don't have to credit the person portraying a predator as "predator". Old One is right by citing Marvel keeping things under wraps, especially for Infinity War.

razeak

If you are doing AVP, you can't just wrap it all up in the Alien side of things and say "But Alien is horror" while ignoring that Predator is action (or action horror).

Kimarhi

But Aliens very clearly bleeds over into action.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed