Idea's of a Perfect Alien vs Predator film

Started by Predwars24, Feb 16, 2019, 09:23:49 PM

Author
Idea's of a Perfect Alien vs Predator film (Read 8,203 times)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on May 23, 2019, 05:38:24 AM
AVP will never work on film, mark my words.

Nah, as with Alien or Predator it starts with a good script. But that has been a mountain unclimbed as of late.

Shinawi

I'd make a story based on a simulation.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Shinawi on May 27, 2019, 02:28:35 PM
I'd make a story based on a simulation.

Can you elaborate?

Wysps

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 27, 2019, 01:50:09 PM

Nah, as with Alien or Predator it starts with a good script. But that has been a mountain unclimbed as of late.

And a decent sized budget to handle all the special effects needed to make it fit in space (if they decide to go with the comics, which I think is preferable tbh.)  But yes, a good script is a perfect starting point.

SuperiorIronman

What if it starts like an Alien script but from the perspective of WY and its colonists? Kind of like Aliens but its a "controlled" Hadleys Hope outbreak and things go wrong when WY finds out another XT is on site.
What if the company during one of their weapons tests drops the Alien on a world already inhabited by Predators. Say it was a Predator hunting ground that a colony was established on. WY not knowing of the Predators drops the Alien, and the Predators take advantage of the carnage. Meanwhile WY monitors in orbit and the movie plays out via some very confused colonists.

I especially like the idea of seeing a situation like Alien: Isolation and have those tactics go horribly wrong on a Predator (for a lack of knowing any better) or hiding in a locker. Like seeing the Alien move past only it to gets killed and now have to worry about the Predator and the noise it caused attracting more Alien.

What would be even better if it was not even called AVP and everything about it made it look like an Aliens movie. Then it becomes a surprise when this other XT shows up. Never denying another creature is in the movie, but surprising people with a great reveal would be worth it especially if it can be kept quiet during its run.

The Old One

The Old One

Mhm, neat idea.
But they'd never do it.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on May 27, 2019, 04:11:13 PM
What if it starts like an Alien script but from the perspective of WY and its colonists? Kind of like Aliens but its a "controlled" Hadleys Hope outbreak and things go wrong when WY finds out another XT is on site.
What if the company during one of their weapons tests drops the Alien on a world already inhabited by Predators. Say it was a Predator hunting ground that a colony was established on. WY not knowing of the Predators drops the Alien, and the Predators take advantage of the carnage. Meanwhile WY monitors in orbit and the movie plays out via some very confused colonists.

I especially like the idea of seeing a situation like Alien: Isolation and have those tactics go horribly wrong on a Predator (for a lack of knowing any better) or hiding in a locker. Like seeing the Alien move past only it to gets killed and now have to worry about the Predator and the noise it caused attracting more Alien.

What would be even better if it was not even called AVP and everything about it made it look like an Aliens movie. Then it becomes a surprise when this other XT shows up. Never denying another creature is in the movie, but surprising people with a great reveal would be worth it especially if it can be kept quiet during its run.

Some good stuff!

The Old One

The Old One

Although perhaps it's a doable idea, after-all Marvel trailers lie all the time and perhaps the studio retroactively alters the title, adding AVP subtitle/header for home video.

A lot of work for a gamble.

Kradan

I don't hear you la-la-la-la!

Monster Man

Monster Man

There's one territory that AvP hasn't yet tread: Animation. While the movies haven't been the greatest, I feel an animated series about the conflict would be much more flexible endeavor. Hell, you can easily adapt the first comic book through it.

Going further down the rabbit hole, they can make CGI movies like the Resident Evil ones. Noting how those flicks are composed of pure fanservice as a response to how the Paul Anderson ones have violated the RE name worse than any Xenomorph strain could.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Monster Man on Jun 02, 2019, 03:18:48 AM
There's one territory that AvP hasn't yet tread: Animation. While the movies haven't been the greatest, I feel an animated series about the conflict would be much more flexible endeavor. Hell, you can easily adapt the first comic book through it.

Going further down the rabbit hole, they can make CGI movies like the Resident Evil ones. Noting how those flicks are composed of pure fanservice as a response to how the Paul Anderson ones have violated the RE name worse than any Xenomorph strain could.

I am all for the animated films. Alien, vs, Predator, I'm good for any. I think the quality of animation is fantastic. Especially after Love.Death.Robots. I'm really jonsing for one.

Number13

This is how I did mine. Bear in mind I'm not a good animator, this is just a trailer I did in my spare time that I hope to animate when I finish my Aliens deboot trilogy and my Predator trilogy first. Also I didn't have access to voices at the time, so I had to make it silent. I had fun with it and hope I get around to making it someday. Right now my priority is my Aliens deboot trilogy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgwHyM4aFZ0

SM

Hey cool!  The Edge in an Alien flick!

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Number13 on Jun 02, 2019, 11:24:58 PM
This is how I did mine. Bear in mind I'm not a good animator, this is just a trailer I did in my spare time that I hope to animate when I finish my Aliens deboot trilogy and my Predator trilogy first. Also I didn't have access to voices at the time, so I had to make it silent. I had fun with it and hope I get around to making it someday. Right now my priority is my Aliens deboot trilogy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgwHyM4aFZ0

I was so off guard when You're Going Down started playing.  ;D

AVPVBRFan79

AVPVBRFan79

I've been busy writing an unofficial AVP3 screenplay and hope Fox can atleast CONSIDER it. The film will be titled "AVP3: THE REPLICANT SYNDICATE" which will serve three purposes only:

1)To clear all the timeline plotholes and clear out that everything is canon if its from Fox
2)To end the 40 year+ series with a bang
3)the last but not the least: Pure. Fan. Satisfaction: the last two AVP movies divided the fans. Lets reverse that. The film will act as sequel to AVP2 as well as Resurection, Predator, Predator 2, Predators, Covenant, The Predator and, wait for it... Blade Runner 2049.

I'll share other info e.g. characters If interested hopefully soon, I'll post the chapter 1 of the screenplay here if people really do want it😐

Note: IM NOT WHATSOEVER WRITING THE SCREENPLAY ON BEHALF OF TWENTIETH CENTURY FOX OR ANYONE OR ANYTHING ASSOCIATED WITH THEM. IM JUST A FAN WHO WANTS AN AVP SEQUEL LIKE THE ONE IM WRITING.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed