Is it great to be a young fan?

Started by Kradan, Feb 14, 2019, 11:56:55 PM

Author
Is it great to be a young fan? (Read 4,304 times)

TheSailingRabbit

I guess the benefit to being a young fan is seeing everything that most of the older fans don't like, and forming an unbiased opinion before being exposed to the fandom.

It also helps to be eighteen with the mind of an older person.

And not giving a damn about . . . whatever the hell my age is supposed to be into.

This is why I get along with Huggs: exhibit A.

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Feb 15, 2019, 01:02:44 AM
And why such a silly and superficial film evolved in a series that is way too pretentious for its own good.

In due time, you'll be dealing with those people here as well.

SM

SM

Can't wait.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Heck I watched AVP at 10 years old and was still disappointed despite not being a fan and not having watched the other movies in years, I remember thinking the creatures didn't look as good as I remembered, ADI coudn't even fool my 10 year old self, they never stood a chance. I suppose since there was a goddamn versus on title I was expecting more action and I thought the human-pred teamup was cringe.

I watched the alien movies a few years earlier in a few days and I hated the Newborn. As long as you watch it on the order, most will probably feel something got weird with Resurrection.

The best advantage is for those who aren't fans, as they won't be disappointed and the series don't hold any value to them. I feel like the golden age of the franchises has passed, the new fans will arrive on the franchise's current degraded state. There will never be movies or games as good as those that came before.

Local Trouble

It's pretty sad that younger fans have the "gift" of emotional detachment.

Huggs

Huggs

Somebody's still gotta be there to draw the chalk outline around the franchise. I don't want to smell neil's alien 5 when the day comes.

Local Trouble

That's what rabbits are for.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 15, 2019, 01:51:34 AM
That's what rabbits are for.

Is it?

Is it?

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Samhain13 on Feb 15, 2019, 01:30:18 AM
There will never be movies or games as good as those that came before.

Isolation? TCF?

The negativity's unwarranted.

Spoiler
Or maybe I'm just optimistic because I'm 21 and there's plenty in the pipe to keep me going until another good Alien film.
[close]

Oasis Nadrama

So, the Old One, your pseudonym is pretty much a liiiiiie.  :P

The Old One

The Old One

For now.

SiL

SiL

The best part about being a young fan is that all y'all missed David Shipley over at PlanetAvP.com.

The worst part is y'all missed the fan community over at PlanetAvP.com.

SM

SM

Oh, that Shipley.

Local Trouble

Who?

SiL

SiL

David Shipley.

"Me, I'd just rape." - David Shipley, circa ... 2004?5?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed