Two ALIEN TV Shows in the works (Rumour)

Started by Gazz, Feb 13, 2019, 11:17:16 PM

Author
Two ALIEN TV Shows in the works (Rumour) (Read 49,274 times)

The Old One

The Old One

On topic... Noah Hawley's a good choice.

HudsonGAMEOVERMANGAMEOVER

Quote from: The Old One on Mar 23, 2019, 05:24:32 PM
On topic... Noah Hawley's a good choice.

Totally, Fargo is amazing. I couldn't really get into Legion though it was a little too non-linear and all over the place for me.

He's also making the jump to film with his feature film debut Lucy In The Sky, talked to someone who has seen it and they really liked it.  Plus, Noah revealed that Marvel's Feige Kevin met with him about continuing work on his Doctor Doom script.

CainsSon

I worked first hand with Noah on The Unusuals. Based on our conversations he would have been a good choice to spearhead this.

Highland

I think most people would like to see a TV series. The quality these days can be just as good as movies and it's a pretty big incentive to jump onto a new service. I'm currently on Netflix only, but I'd for sure pay for another service if it had themes I was interested in.

Shorts would be my pick, but shorts would probably pump up the costs.

The Old One

The Old One

Do it, Do it, Do it.

Still Collating...

Honestly, I want a good series more than a movie right now. So yeah.. Do it.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Still Collating... on Mar 24, 2019, 12:56:55 PM
Honestly, I want a good series more than a movie right now. So yeah.. Do it.

I definitely would prefer a good series over another David Ridley prequel, for sure.

Nightmare Asylum

Finish Ridley's David arc, and then move off in whatever direction you wish.

I certainly would not object to a project from Noah Hawley.

Voodoo Magic

Or not. ;D

Perfect-Organism

We had an "alien" in Covenant presumably because the studio knew that fans were clamouring for it.  If the studio is listening, they won't allow Ridley to make Dave the creator of the Aliens.  Under those circumstances, I say let Ridley make his film.

HuDaFuK

The flipside of that coin is whether Ridley would agree to do a sequel if he couldn't do it exactly the way he wanted.

The impression I got was that he was very much the boss when it came to Covenant, and the studio largely deferred to him. Whether that's still the case after the movie under-performed, I couldn't say.

Master

I would like a series to be set just after A3 and dealing with W-Y final comeback to LV-426, establishing base near the Derlict and focusing on Alien research. It would fill the gap and gave us answer why USM had to go as far as cloning Ripley to get their hands on Alien.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 24, 2019, 01:29:12 PM
Finish Ridley's David arc, and then move off in whatever direction you wish.

I certainly would not object to a project from Noah Hawley.

This.

irn

Quote from: Master on Mar 24, 2019, 03:29:32 PM
I would like a series to be set just after A3 and dealing with W-Y final comeback to LV-426, establishing base near the Derlict and focusing on Alien research. It would fill the gap and gave us answer why USM had to go as far as cloning Ripley to get their hands on Alien.

That could be a good story to tell. Ideally leaving the appearance of any xenomorphs right up to the very end, if at all.

The Old One

The Old One

Good idea.

My preference is post-AR though, with all the bells and whistles of the Trilogy. With none of the continuity baggage.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed