Two ALIEN TV Shows in the works (Rumour)

Started by Gazz, Feb 13, 2019, 11:17:16 PM

Author
Two ALIEN TV Shows in the works (Rumour) (Read 50,528 times)

SM

It isn't.  ;)

Local Trouble

SM guards his secrets like Aaron and his code.

SM

And we share an IQ.

Corporal Hicks

I'm really excited to see what those Tongal shorts end up like!

Regarding the rumour, it's not something I can validate either.  That said, HN (and Chris M, formerly of Omega Underground) are hardly Scified so regardless I would expect this does come from somewhere they genuinely trust. Not some randomer in their emails.

MrH

Quote from: TC on Feb 14, 2019, 06:27:21 AM
The Tongal short Alien film competition is finished. Winners were selected on 8 Feb. We are now awaiting announcements.

*WATCH could be that.

TC

the watch part of the read play watch is separate to these fan films, its very Amanda Ripley centric and is coming soon. or scheduled to come soon anyway, may even be something familiar to people.... may not be....

Necronomicon II

Quote from: Samhain13 on Feb 14, 2019, 01:26:17 AM
The last engineer did go around punching humans and ripping the head off an android. That part with him going after Shaw was out of a slasher movie. That Engineer was disappointing, specially with all those faces the actor was making. Prometheus already made him go full angry monster mode.

Not that fully agree with their portrayal on the comics, Destroying Angels did their backstory better, but I didn't like the organic look on that one. I wouldn't even mind if it is a suit as long its not human behind it. There has been many great fanversions of them that were much better than the ones we got on movies/comics.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/26/2e/91/262e91e5d1dfc920e366858c42cfcf2f--alien-encounters-space-aliens.jpg

Anyway I hope a TV series happens and its a new take on the series.

Don't worry, David will make the Jockey great again.  ;D

Samhain13

David can't even make himself great. This is beyond his league. He can stay on the corner crying over Shaw's grave.

Necronomicon II

:D You'll see...

Voodoo Magic

I'm sticking with Samhain on this one  ;D

HudsonGAMEOVERMANGAMEOVER

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 14, 2019, 09:10:32 AM
I'm really excited to see what those Tongal shorts end up like!

Regarding the rumour, it's not something I can validate either.  That said, HN (and Chris M, formerly of Omega Underground) are hardly Scified so regardless I would expect this does come from somewhere they genuinely trust. Not some randomer in their emails.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">As we said things are in very early development.. might not even get off the ground until 2020.. if people think this is happening within months we didn&#39;t give that impression.. <a href="https://t.co/p0KxOXFE3J">https://t.co/p0KxOXFE3J</a></p>— Christopher Marc (@_ChristopherM) <a href="https://twitter.com/_ChristopherM/status/1095872104510210048?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 14, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Christopher Marc here... yeah I'm not sure you guys know who I am so I figured I'd make a glorious return to the AVPGalaxy forums.. so yeah, I actually started out here in the early 2000s when Fox was mulling over ALIEN 5 vs AVP.. then I started doing film stuff in early Facebook groups, then finding images/scoops sending them to places like SlashFilm, FilmSchoolRejects, and FirstShowing.. eventually started my own blog Celluloid & Cigarette Burns, and attempted to self-teach aggregation of industry news..ended up co-founding OmegaUnderground about four years ago this month, I've done some light freelancing for IGN a while back.. we then sold OmegaUnderground to GeeksWorldWide in July and I eventually moved on to writing news for Hybrid Network in Novermber.. I've been covering film news since about 2008.. so over ten years now..

Concerning our story, this was coming from someone that has been giving some solid film and TV information over the last year.. mostly through direct L.A. agency sources (like how the film trades get their information).. I totally understand why Mr. H (he blew up at me in direct messages on Twitter yesterday which sparked that debunk video) and others feel the need to be skeptical and from my perspective, this is still super early and is a huge reason why nobody at Fox is confirming this to the community.. because like Hicks pointed out above in my tweet this long-game stuff at the moment it's not something that is coming out in the next couple months or that is being previewed among the community websites..make it as you will I post production/crew news on a daily basis, I don't waste my time on clickbait.. anyways, I hope everyone has a lovely Valentine's Day

Voodoo Magic

The plot, like my gravy, thickens.. 

Samhain13

Quote from: Necronomicon II on Feb 14, 2019, 12:57:04 PM
:D You'll see...

I will tell you what I won't see. David ever getting over the friendzone Shaw put him on.

Still Collating...

Well. Did not expect this... Color me intrigued.

I'll be skeptical as to if it sees the light of day knowing how often things get cancelled. If it goes well, I so want to see those series. But thanks to Mr H for killing the unwarranted hype that it was making, fan speculation is out of control which is to be expected. When it's not the Watch part, people expecting it to be need to be told the truth.
This whole situation is messy, but very, very interesting.

Nukiemorph

Dread Central's sources tell them the "Watch" component is "not live-action," but Mr. H claims he knows what it is and he thinks fans will be excited about it.  Hicks and Muthur9000 seem positive about it too.

This is getting really frustrating.  I wish Fox would just hurry the hell up and announce this.

Corporal Hicks

Honestly, between the wait for the Watch component and an expectation to see something live-action, I worry we're in for another Blackout situation when it does get announced.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed