Two ALIEN TV Shows in the works (Rumour)

Started by Gazz, Feb 13, 2019, 11:17:16 PM

Author
Two ALIEN TV Shows in the works (Rumour) (Read 51,109 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 14, 2019, 02:34:58 AM
"There never was much hope, only a fool's hope."

I can't see them ever embracing Resurrection, not directly- it would either be entirely it's own thing that's set after Resurrection or something aping the more popular first three entries as Isolation or The Cold Forge do. I can perhaps see the USM being included or mentioned but that's it.

Autons are an intriguing concept for me, especially given the AI-filled landscape that is the current Alien continuity.

There would also be a lot of interesting directions to take Ripley 8 (in a project with a less of a satirical tone than Resurrection) in light of what the prequel films have revealed about Alien genetics, but alas, if Sigourney ever does come back it would never be as Ripley 8.

The Old One

The Old One

As you say, Sigourney Weaver would never return as Ripley 8- it's not worth discussion.

The USM and Autons, I doubt most would even remember that they were in Resurrection in the first place if they were in a new Series, they left the details reagrding both rather vague after all. Again, I can see these concepts perhaps returning in some form but every effort would most likely be made to divorce the audience from even thinking about Resurrection.

Quote from: Samhain on Feb 14, 2019, 01:26:16 AM

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/26/2e/91/262e91e5d1dfc920e366858c42cfcf2f--alien-encounters-space-aliens.jpg

Spoiler
These are f**king awful BTW.
[close]

Samhain13

To each his own, I prefer it to what we got on movies and comics.

The Old One

The Old One

I prefer the ones I posted to what we've received in Official Media, the above are laughable, genuinely- the first made me laugh.

Ultramorph

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 14, 2019, 02:30:02 AM
If they ever do anything post-Resurrection, I want to see them embrace Resurrection. Tonally it can be its own thing, but run amok with the plot elements that film established.

Hard agree. A mini about the auton uprising would be cool. I guess we'd be the only two who would watch it!  :laugh:

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Ultramorph on Feb 14, 2019, 03:17:46 AM
If they ever do anything post-Resurrection, I want to see them embrace Resurrection. Tonally it can be its own thing, but run amok with the plot elements that film established.

Hard agree. A mini about the auton uprising would be cool. I guess we'd be the only two who would watch it!  :laugh:

Tie in WY's collapse with the Autons...

Spoiler
[close]

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I just want another story with the USM. An interesting antagonist that hasn't been touched in 20 years aside from a small reference in one novel.

Also, if this ends up on Netflix, they already have Winona Ryder's number...

SM

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 14, 2019, 03:23:31 AM
Quote from: Ultramorph on Feb 14, 2019, 03:17:46 AM

Tie in WY's collapse with the Autons...

Spoiler
[close]

The Company was gone decades before the Auton recall.

Voodoo Magic

Read. Play. Watch. #AmandaRipley

I assume we're getting a series featuring Amanda Ripley.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 14, 2019, 01:42:48 AM
Ah, so this is what WATCH was eh?

Amanda Ripley TV Series confirmed?

Amanda Ripley Mini-Series, I'd say.

Nukiemorph

According to Muthur9000 on Twitter, her sources tell her there's no reason to believe this right now.  Mr H Reviews is saying the same thing.

Muthur9000 claims she knows what the "Watch" portion of the Amanda Ripley promotion is and it is not connected to either of these shows if they are even happening.

Gonna take a cold shower now...

Nightmare Asylum

Not a shock. Don't believe anything 'til it is straight out of Fox's mouth.

Still, on the topic of Fox, "I want to believe."

Ultramorph

That's why healthy skepticism is a good thing. #gameover

Nukiemorph

TC

The Tongal short Alien film competition is finished. Winners were selected on 8 Feb. We are now awaiting announcements.

*WATCH could be that.

TC

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed