Do u think they are right?

Started by Billiken, Feb 13, 2019, 06:14:47 AM

Author
Do u think they are right? (Read 5,570 times)

Billiken

Billiken

I don't want to start WW3 but how many of you think that the human race was created by an alien race or a race such as the Engineers from Prometheus? Do you think there is any truth behind it? Just interested. Don't want to start huge arguments. cheers

SM

SM

No.

It's just a cool story.

Huggs

Huggs

No.

I do not believe in alien life.

SiL

SiL

No.

I believe in alien life, I don't believe there's been contact between species.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Of course not.  That's just silly.

We're actually living in a simulation created by our ancestors.

TC

TC

Yes.

I also believe the Earth is flat, the British royalty are Alien reptiles in human masks, and President Trump is a stable genius.

TC

Stitch

Stitch

No.

We're all dead. The Mayans were right and the world ended in 2012. This is just a simulation. I am a butterfly who believed he was a man.

The Old One

The Old One

No.

Not even in the context of the Alien series, and  Extra-Terrestrials 100% exist but we've never made contact, probably because the Galaxy is realistically a lot larger than most people think.

On that note I don't believe in God either, certainly not in the way most people perceive "God" anyway, a conscious entity? Perhaps, something that set everything in motion? Yes, something that requires or appreciates worship- lmao, no, an individual doesn't matter to the universe. We exist, and we don't know why, and that's okay.

Oasis Nadrama

Oasis Nadrama

Agreed. The fact there is no reason for us to exist is actually pretty liberating, this way we are all free to choose our own meaning of life.

We are the natural product of an incredibly complex and beautiful phylogenetic tree, a child of evolution mechanisms, and biochemistry is way more elegant than any ufologist cosmogony on the origins of humanity.

Look at this protein walking, carrying its burden with regularly, held in place and motivated only by a delicate balance of reactions and associations in its components. Isn't it a million times more beautiful than any dream of us being some Frankenstein experiences by grey aliens?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Yes, an ancient alien race called "ohcan" used a triangle shaped device referred to as the "otirod" to investigate worlds across the galaxy and, if possible, to encourage the development of intelligent life. And the Earth resulted.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Ridley seems to believe in this. That's how we got Prometheus.

Kradan

Kradan

I think that evolution, creation by God or by aliens all are the equaly possible variants. And even more - there's is chance that all 3 variants are right. I mean, why evolution cannot be tool of God and why God cannot be space alien?

Oasis Nadrama

Oasis Nadrama

The idea that Space Jockeys created humanity, while sharing an unfortunate similarity with some conspiracy theories, was actually Spaihts' idea for his screenplay Alien: Engineers.

Spaihts thought that a story exploring the origins of the Derelict and Alien eggs would be too focused on non-human beings and completely ununderstandable cultures and environments. He felt the story needed a link with humanity.

"Those are interesting entities not fully explained, but to keep an audience interested in those things it couldn't be abstraction, it couldn't be a purely "alien story" about things we can't relate to. It was going to have to be connected to our own story. Somehow the story of those creatures was going to have to be connected to the human story, not just our history but our fate to come."

Still Collating...

No. Personally, I'm an agnostic atheist/secular humanist for a multitude of reasons, some of them being as the result of getting a better understanding over time of biology, geology, genetics, astronomy, philosophy and mythologies. Over the years my stance has crystallized to what it is now. I could be wrong of course, but I'm an avid seeker of truth and this is my understanding of it and where I am so far.

As a kid I found the Ancient Aliens idea to be very cool, but I find it really weak nowadays. It mostly comes out of either not understanding how evolution works or by believing are ancestors were too stupid to do the things they did. And we have good counter-evince for all the basis of the Ancient Aliens hypothesis. It's not impossible, but I really doubt it happened. The simulation hypothesis is much, much stronger IMO.

I think that life somewhere else in the universe is completely possible and even probable. Intelligent life is also possible IMO but I'm not at all sure how probable it is. There are some great discussions about the Fermi paradox.

That's why I was disappointed that Scott went with Ancient Aliens, it was unnecessary to have the Jockeys create us. I love when the film franchise is as realistic as possible. The FTL, artificial gravity and especially the super fast growing alien without eating is more than enough fiction in this Sci Fi, so I'm glad whenever other hard sci fi elements are enforced.     

rabernathi

rabernathi

I do.
I don't see why not, meaning everything is posible, like someone up jere said-"all variants may be right".
Or maybe none of them,  i think thats what adds to the fun and the diversity of thinking.

I love the idea of some ancient race helping out evolution on earth by purpose or accident, but  ultimately letting us be...alone till we evolve just enough to find them or maybe to stop the constant need of finding where we came from and focusing more to where we are going.
But then again...that's what i choose to belive.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed