Just try to make peace again between recent and ancient xenomorphs.

Started by Kradan, Feb 12, 2019, 11:36:21 AM

Author
Just try to make peace again between recent and ancient xenomorphs. (Read 18,440 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Indeed, it's not very cinematically compelling.
But really it's the hive part everyone loved, it's the standout a particular part easily incorporated into a overall superior narrative. Eg; TCF, OG AVP, Monolith's AVP, etcetera.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 01, 2019, 07:41:43 AM
He just steers back into a more cliche mad scientist stereotype.

Yes, he really does but i like that there is an actual reason for him being mad. Man survived damn hive, saw his relatives being killed, murdered own mother and was forced to extract rotting chestburster from himself. No surprise he's gone  a little crazy.

Anyway, what kind of Church as a character development would you prefer to see?

SM

Someone who isn't insane and was actually conflicted about what he was doing, rather than the feigned conflict.

[cancerblack]

The Old One

The Old One

A more detailed backstory, yes, perfect.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 01, 2019, 07:41:43 AM
He just steers back into a more cliche mad scientist stereotype.
Ehhh he's far from "mad", he knows exactly what he's doing and by and large he actually is in control. A big part of the mad scientist trope is that the mad scientist gets destroyed by their own creation, and Church flips that on its head by getting away with everything.

Immortan Jonesy

Yea, the cliche only works in comedy like in Rick & Morty  :laugh:

markweatherill

Quote from: SiL on Feb 15, 2019, 05:30:56 AM

If you combined sheep and humans into something that could live and breed as its own species then you absolutely would have made a new creature.

A sheep with a human face on its backside. 8)

The Old One

The Old One

Peace was never an option.

Kane's other son

The Alien is a product of experimentation with extra-terrestrial technology and extra-terrestrial animals. Even if it's created by David, it's still alien.
I still believe that if we get a sequel to Covenant, the Alien will inherit its biomechanical characteristics from David.

P-Rock

Quote from: markweatherill on Aug 22, 2019, 11:37:28 AM

If you combined sheep and humans into something that could live and breed as its own species then you absolutely would have made a new creature.

You guys obviously have never seen the movie Black Sheep. ;)

David Weyland

Quote from: Kane's other son on Sep 04, 2019, 09:01:36 AM
The Alien is a product of experimentation with extra-terrestrial technology and extra-terrestrial animals. Even if it's created by David, it's still alien.
I still believe that if we get a sequel to Covenant, the Alien will inherit its biomechanical characteristics from David.

Aye

Still Collating...

Quote from: P-Rock on Sep 04, 2019, 10:17:24 AM
Quote from: markweatherill on Aug 22, 2019, 11:37:28 AM

You guys obviously have never seen the movie Black Sheep. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-ExKYM5xQY

WTF did I just watch?!  :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

I don't remember being really impressed with that film.  :-\

The Old One

The Old One

It's garbo.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed