Just try to make peace again between recent and ancient xenomorphs.

Started by Kradan, Feb 12, 2019, 11:36:21 AM

Author
Just try to make peace again between recent and ancient xenomorphs. (Read 17,434 times)

Necronomicon II

There's "biomechanics" in our anatomy, however I wouldn't put it past Ridley to make it more literal, he just may.  ;D I'm slavering for an Android cult that worships David and they all have a nice orgy; inseminating each other with organisms, surviving the birthing procedure in milky, yoghurt-y triumph...Errhh, where was I?  ;D

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Highland on Feb 15, 2019, 02:53:46 AM
When I'm saying Bio-mech, it's more about the imagery, I assume that's what most people mean. Nobody actually thinks the Alien has red and black wires running through his nuts.

You said android-type alien, hence my assumption.
And I'm almost sure I remember people actually thinking that there's some mechanical component involved.

Anyway, you can see in Khang Le's concept art what an Engineer + either modified black goo or small amount of regular black goo, would look like. That would've been the original.

Larger amounts (similar to the bombing) would result in this

These parasites die off after a period of time, so David tinkered with them. Resulting in the classic facehugger-in-egg.
The movie would've ended with David finishing the egg. At least that's what I (would like) to think.

Highland

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Feb 15, 2019, 03:18:30 AM
Quote from: Highland on Feb 15, 2019, 02:53:46 AM
When I'm saying Bio-mech, it's more about the imagery, I assume that's what most people mean. Nobody actually thinks the Alien has red and black wires running through his nuts.

You said android-type alien, hence my assumption.

Fair point, although I think it's heavily implied from Ridles himself that the end product we see in the original Alien is something that is not the same thing as we saw in covenant. Not saying David made Robot Aliens, I'm saying it's likely that if he's running with "David made the Alien" then it's also likely that David was responsible for the creatures on LV-426. I mean as far as we can see the Engineers use canisters, whilst David uses eggs.

Your previous analogy was "he made a car when cars already existed", which isn't the same as apes and humans

Well it kinda is. If I were to make a human sheep hybrid right now, I wouldn't be making a brand new creature, I'd be making a variation of things that already existed. Aliens - all of them - most definitely appear to share similar biology - Long head, tail, claws, teeth, inner jaw, 4 limbs generally bad news. 

I guess it depends when people say David made the Alien, are they implying that David came up with some entirely new beast that was never seen before and has nothing to do with the other versions? Or are they simply just saying - David made that version of the Alien.

Necronomicon II

He made it more penis-y, a perversion of human sexuality, nothing from scratch, thus the "man-made" accusation is hyperbolic simplification lacking nuance. The primordial shoggoth-esque pathogen crossed paths with a sexually repressed, satanic A.I.; that A.I. moulded it in the image of sexual perversion, it's a nice orgiastic evolution.

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Highland on Feb 15, 2019, 04:09:33 AM
Fair point, although I think it's heavily implied from Ridles himself that the end product we see in the original Alien is something that is not the same thing as we saw in covenant.

When did Ridley imply that the xeno in Covenant isn't the end product?

There's an interview where's he's talking about the fact that people missed the alien in Covenant, then he says "This guy" meaning the alien and points at the alien on the Covenant poster.

As far as I'm considered, they're the same.
Covenant: egg with facehugger + human = xeno.
Alien: egg with facehugger + human = xeno.

SiL

Well it kinda is. If I were to make a human sheep hybrid right now, I wouldn't be making a brand new creature, I'd be making a variation of things that already existed.
If you combined sheep and humans into something that could live and breed as its own species then you absolutely would have made a new creature.

QuoteI guess it depends when people say David made the Alien, are they implying that David came up with some entirely new beast that was never seen before and has nothing to do with the other versions? Or are they simply just saying - David made that version of the Alien.
He made the Capital-A Alien, which shares some features of other organisms but also has its own set of defining characteristics that separate them.

Using your apes/human analogy, he specifically made a human being, which is related to, but utterly distinct from, a chimpanzee.

Xenomrph

Quote from: SiL on Feb 15, 2019, 05:30:56 AM
He made a Capital-A Alien, which shares some features of other organisms but also has its own set of defining characteristics that separate them.
Fixed that for you. :P

SiL

Quote from: Xenomrph on Feb 15, 2019, 06:01:56 AM
He unquestionably made the Capital-A Alien, which shares some features of other organisms but also has its own set of defining characteristics that separate them.
Many thanks.

Necronomicon II

Necronomicon II

Someone hasn't passed through all the stages of grief.  :D ;D

SiL

There are no stages of grief here, just the circles of Hell.

Local Trouble

Riddles needs to make a movie about Xenomrph and call it Sisyphus.

Xenomrph

Quote from: SiL on Feb 15, 2019, 06:12:46 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Feb 15, 2019, 06:01:56 AM
He unquestionably thinks he made the Capital-A Alien, which shares some features of other organisms but also has its own set of defining characteristics that separate them.
Many thanks.
Anytime.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 15, 2019, 06:44:09 AM
Riddles needs to make a movie about Xenomrph and call it Sisyphus.
If it's as accurate to the myth as 'Prometheus', that just means I get the rock to the top of the hill on the first try and spend the rest of the movie sipping rum and Cokes.

Highland

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Feb 15, 2019, 05:24:06 AM
Fair point, although I think it's heavily implied from Ridles himself that the end product we see in the original Alien is something that is not the same thing as we saw in covenant.

When did Ridley imply that the xeno in Covenant isn't the end product?

There's an interview where's he's talking about the fact that people missed the alien in Covenant, then he says "This guy" meaning the alien and points at the alien on the Covenant poster.

As far as I'm considered, they're the same.
Covenant: egg with facehugger + human = xeno.
Alien: egg with facehugger + human = xeno.

He said in an interview they where building to the creature or something along similar lines. The design department were also told ( again from memory, I'm not a walking fact book on Covenant) to make the creatures fleshy and not like the original Alien.

Utterly distinct ?, A chimpanzee is about as close as you can get to a human. I think we are debating the same point in different ways.

It's not like he took the hammerpead then made the Alien, it's pretty clear that the goo makes Alien "things" that also look like Xenomorphs all by itself.

Also I dunno why the not this again. Like just don't post....

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed