Just try to make peace again between recent and ancient xenomorphs.

Started by Kradan, Feb 12, 2019, 11:36:21 AM

Author
Just try to make peace again between recent and ancient xenomorphs. (Read 17,437 times)

SM

The combined result of what?

David Weyland

David Weyland

Humans, Androids and Black Goo
There's also visually speaking, the whole temple complex that shapes out on the exterior with a face at the top..with a Head figure sculpture in the mural room also..it's like a black goo selfie hang out...
Also...in a weird afterthought with a stretch of artistic licence, the mural echos the contradictions of the cave paintings Shaw & co find
The elements of an excellent movie exist in Prometheus.
Shame it was edited & dumbed down

SM

Sorry, not seeing it.

David Weyland

That's ok, it's what I choose to believe...
It's what I think is implied but the film fails to successfully imprint that, at its essence as a trigger point in this particular scene that it is when David touches the black goo remarking as it being organic that things go downhill

Kradan

Quote from: David Weyland on Feb 13, 2019, 09:29:20 PM
That's ok, it's what I choose to believe...

I heard that one before. But where?

David Weyland

..In the Kingdom of Heaven Extended fancut no?

Kradan

I meant Prometheus. It seems that Ridley fell in love with self-quoting   :D

The Old One

The Old One

Indeed.

Highland

David made a car, but cars where already around.

It's probably quite obvious where Ridley was going with it. He was going to make the Biomech part of the Alien come from David trying to make an Android type Alien or Mesh his internal workings with the existing creature.

Prolly never get to find out, but that's my guess. If all the material suggests that the Biomech part has been deliberately left out to appear later, then there's not really many explanations. The only other one is possibly that the Engineers have the Original and best Alien, but that would be a mighty coincidence that David magically came up with a beast that looks 98% like their version and does all the same things.

426Buddy

426Buddy

The engineer at the end of Prometheus looked pretty alien and biomechanical already.

Samhain13

Except by the egghead. Its like a white ball.

Highland

Quote from: 426Buddy on Feb 14, 2019, 02:00:11 AM
The engineer at the end of Prometheus looked pretty alien and biomechanical already.

This is true, but I'm gona go ahead an suggest that what Ridley had planned at the end of Prom didn't have anything to do with what was in Covenant.

Xenomrph

Quote from: SM on Feb 12, 2019, 11:03:02 PM
David made them is "all we know".

And we don't even "know" it for sure.

Quote from: Highland on Feb 14, 2019, 01:48:21 AM
David made a car, but cars where already around.
Bingo.

Highland

Doesn't really matter if we know or not anyway. We know that the Deacon exists without David picking up a hammer and we know something burst out of the Engineers in the temple.

Ridles just forgot or something.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed