Just try to make peace again between recent and ancient xenomorphs.

Started by Kradan, Feb 12, 2019, 11:36:21 AM

Author
Just try to make peace again between recent and ancient xenomorphs. (Read 17,426 times)

Kradan

Kradan

Firstly, i like the idea of David responsible for creating xenomorph. For me that twist worked perfectly ( i just couldn't expect something like that) and i just like his character in generall. But i also like idea of xenomorph as bioweapon of some ancient race. So, i tried in my mind to somehow connect these two excepting each other points of view. Please, read to the end or you can miss the whole point!

I see Engineers as very ancient race. I think that there was fraction of Engineer scientists whom invented Black goo. Goo was in first place used to create life on other planets (as seen in beginning of Prometheus). Scientists got a lot of respect for that invention. They try to perfect goo and eventually figure out how to create xenomorph. Obviously, outbreak happened, many civil Engineers were killed and for that scientists fraction was cursed and forced to go away from their homeworld. Technology development stoped and civil Engineers had to create and use the same technology for few thousands years (it explains why Planet 4 Engineers had so outdated technology). All information about what happened and xenomorph recipe were destroyed. In that time scientists came together barely having any technology apart from ships that were given to them. But they didn't give up and tried and tried to rediscover xenomorph recipe.They created their own society disconected from own species and that make them so cold and unmoral. Eventually they ended up on LV-223 and almost suceed in their goal (you know what happened next with them). They planned to test their Black goo on Earth. They didn't hate humans but saw them as apropriate test subjects for their experiments. Why last Engineer was so outraged when he was woke up by Prometheus crew though? He reacted as scientist would react to lab rat asking for more cheese and warmer cages.

As was written before civil Engineers tried hard to wipe out everything related to xenomorph. But something left. Some hints, some clues. Maybe they turned into some kind of legends that Engineers told to their kids. And David found remains of such legends. But he didn't find blueprints. Very important point of my thoughts is that David got inspiration but not step-by-step tutorial (despite the fact that it existed before). So, at least from his point of view he really created but not recreated his Perfect organism.

And i really would love to see scene in possible Covenant sequel where David will finally faces Engineers with his army of fleshy Xenos but they will use their own biomechanical Xenos against fleshy ones. I would love to see that universal upset on David's face in that moment when he will realise that in the end of the day he actually didn't create anything  ;D.

Maybe it's not very accurate but... what do you think about  ::)?

The Old One

The Old One

I don't enjoy the idea the Engineers are/were responsible for the Pathogen, I'd prefer if was really just a Primordial substance they tried to harness in their arrogance and crippled their Empire.

If anything, I think the Pathogen should almost have a mind of it's own and be pushing it's genetic tree towards creating the Alien, regardless of what the Engineers actually wanted to use it for- like trying to find a cure to diseases by infecting someone with a small amount but it backfired- then you have LV-223.

I don't think you can have the poetry of David creating the Alien and the Alien existing beforehand at the same time, those ideas are incompatible. But you can view David as the creator within the context of Covenant, but not necessarily it's sequel if that's not the case.

P-Rock

I'd like to think that David is only responsible for creating the Protomorph, and from there the species evolved into the Xenomorph we all know.

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 12, 2019, 12:12:25 PM
I don't enjoy the idea the Engineers are/were responsible for the Pathogen, I'd prefer if was really just a Primordial substance they tried to harness in their arrogance and crippled their Empire.

In my mind the pathogen is made from primeordial ooze.
Same with the black goo the sacrificial Engineer drinks in Prometheus.
They're both modified versions of a pure form.

The Old One

The Old One

Sure.

David Weyland

I feel that there is something majorly missed by people in Prometheus. I could be wrong but I find a path cleared in terms of understanding of what we are being told.  When they are in the mural room- It is when David touches the black goo urns & remarks, ' Organic' that the 'Paintings in the ceiling begin to change. Shaw notices this and thinks they've 'contaminated the environment in the room'
Holloway soon after shines a light on the mural for the first time
Therefore I hypothesise that the mural is in fact a form of 'Black goo mirror' or a form of readout of the shape of reaction the organisms in the room will turn into as a result in contact with the substance. The shapes we see are what is to become...
The Deacon we see at the end of the film is essentially a Proto Human Facehugger & Engineer, this is just a consequence of that combination. The Deacon is a one off aberration, the black goo leaves scope for even more horrific creatures to exist. Ultimately the black goo is the root.
The origin of the classic Xenos is I believe going to remain the result of David, personally in terms of the bigger picture I love this decision & thus the spirit of Gigers original bio tech vision is in place & respected in order to develop further in the future.

SM

Setting aside that Shaw, David and Ford shine lights on the mural almost as soon as they enter, really not sure what you're getting at.

yhe1

well, Prometheus never actually established an ancestral relationship between the mural creature and xenomorph. For all we know, the xenomrophs could have predated the engineers and the engineers evolved them into the mural creatures.

SM

David made them is "all we know".

yhe1

well, I think for a discussion such as this, you have to start with "Ancient xenomorphs doesn't contradict covenant", otherwise there is nothing to discuss.

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Feb 12, 2019, 11:03:02 PM
David made them is "all we know".

But that upsets people.

SM

Local Trouble

SM

David Weyland

David Weyland

Quote from: SM on Feb 12, 2019, 09:15:32 PM
Setting aside that Shaw, David and Ford shine lights on the mural almost as soon as they enter, really not sure what you're getting at.

I think whether lost or not by how it was perhaps presented visually, the sequence of the scene and it's dialogue I think was aiming to deliberately imply when David touches the black goo & the paintings in the ceilings change that they've triggered something...funny how the storm kicks off as it happens also.
The detail of the mural that we only see fully after that point is to me a form of Engineer Portend or mirror of what is to become of those in the room 'contaminated' by the black goo
Therefore the images we see of the Deacon like creature in the Mural that many have been banging on about, arguing this as Xenos' proof of ancient origin is instead to me to imply a projected readout of what will be the combined result

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed