Just try to make peace again between recent and ancient xenomorphs.

Started by Kradan, Feb 12, 2019, 11:36:21 AM

Author
Just try to make peace again between recent and ancient xenomorphs. (Read 18,443 times)

Xenomrph

SiL

Highland

Saying Deacons aren't Aliens is like saying apes aren't human.

Oasis Nadrama

Very true. Sure, the original egg/living ovipositor stages look different, but they fill the same function, and from the chestburster stage they're basically white aliens.

Predator@Alien

The Deacon was created by the Engineers and Xenomorphs by David.

The Black Goo was created by the Engineers to recreate the blood of their lord (the first Deacon).

Necronomicon II

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 12, 2019, 11:14:01 PM
Quote from: SM on Feb 12, 2019, 11:03:02 PM
David made them is "all we know".

But that upsets people.

It might also upset people that Giger painted our psychosexual/biomechanoid future, not ancient mysteries.  ;D

Huggs

Quote from: Necronomicon II on Feb 14, 2019, 09:11:19 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 12, 2019, 11:14:01 PM
Quote from: SM on Feb 12, 2019, 11:03:02 PM
David made them is "all we know".

But that upsets people.

It might also upset people that Giger painted our psychosexual/biomechanoid future, not ancient mysteries.  ;D

If anything, the series should've gone further into giger territory.

Necronomicon II

Make the Giger estate executive producers and it'll happen. Please. For the love of juiciness.

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Highland on Feb 14, 2019, 01:48:21 AM
It's probably quite obvious where Ridley was going with it. He was going to make the Biomech part of the Alien come from David trying to make an Android type Alien or Mesh his internal workings with the existing creature.

Prolly never get to find out, but that's my guess. If all the material suggests that the Biomech part has been deliberately left out to appear later, then there's not really many explanations. The only other one is possibly that the Engineers have the Original and best Alien, but that would be a mighty coincidence that David magically came up with a beast that looks 98% like their version and does all the same things.

I really don't know where people get the idea that xeno is an actual bio-mech creature.
Giger called his art bio-mech. So the xeno is bio-mech but just in appearance.
There's no indication in any movie that the xeno is part mechanical. It's a an organism.

SM

It's quite baffling how that myth has endured for so long.

Necronomicon II

Metallic pearly whites could just be a mineral glaze. What a pimp.  ;D

Highland

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Feb 15, 2019, 02:04:35 AM
It's probably quite obvious where Ridley was going with it. He was going to make the Biomech part of the Alien come from David trying to make an Android type Alien or Mesh his internal workings with the existing creature.

Prolly never get to find out, but that's my guess. If all the material suggests that the Biomech part has been deliberately left out to appear later, then there's not really many explanations. The only other one is possibly that the Engineers have the Original and best Alien, but that would be a mighty coincidence that David magically came up with a beast that looks 98% like their version and does all the same things.

I really don't know where people get the idea that xeno is an actual bio-mech creature.
There's no indication in any movie that the xeno is part mechanical. It's a an organism.

When I'm saying Bio-mech, it's more about the imagery, I assume that's what most people mean. Nobody actually thinks the Alien has red and black wires running through his nuts.

SiL

Quote from: Highland on Feb 14, 2019, 07:31:15 AM
Saying Deacons aren't Aliens is like saying apes aren't human.
Your previous analogy was "he made a car when cars already existed", which isn't the same as apes and humans :P

Huggs

Quote from: Highland on Feb 15, 2019, 02:53:46 AM
Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Feb 15, 2019, 02:04:35 AM

When I'm saying Bio-mech, it's more about the imagery, I assume that's what most people mean. Nobody actually thinks the Alien has red and black wires running through his nuts.

The robo-unit.

I can't remember the name of the mechanical Xeno from the eu.  Perhaps he had one.

But yes, biomechanical in an aesthetic sense only.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed