How long has Ridley held this notion of who the Space Jockey really is?

Started by Perfect-Organism, Feb 12, 2019, 02:17:48 AM

Author
How long has Ridley held this notion of who the Space Jockey really is? (Read 16,047 times)

Elmazalman

Quote from: windebieste on Mar 09, 2019, 08:51:17 AM
There's variations on the Alien delivering dialogue at the end of the movie.  Some sources say it mimicked Ripley; others say it was to mimic Dallas.  It certainly had plenty of time on its own with Dallas while it had him fastened to a wall.  Hell.  That's a creepy thought, while Dallas was being eggmorphed, it was constantly learning from him, including how to talk.

-Windebieste.
Sort of reminds me of the Alien that burst from Oram and mimicked David.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: TC on Mar 09, 2019, 11:43:50 AM
And Predator.

(Whispered) "hey... over here..."

TC

So true, actually.

Quote from: Elmazalman on Mar 09, 2019, 12:28:26 PM
Quote from: windebieste on Mar 09, 2019, 08:51:17 AM
There's variations on the Alien delivering dialogue at the end of the movie.  Some sources say it mimicked Ripley; others say it was to mimic Dallas.  It certainly had plenty of time on its own with Dallas while it had him fastened to a wall.  Hell.  That's a creepy thought, while Dallas was being eggmorphed, it was constantly learning from him, including how to talk.

-Windebieste.
Sort of reminds me of the Alien that burst from Oram and mimicked David.

Heck even the Alien Queen mimicked Ripley when she pressed the elevator button.

Highland

I kinda liked Obannons idea that it got smarter and peaced out. We'd have never got the Alien Franchise we did though if that was the case.

Bad Replicant

Pretty sure that Ridley quote about the suit was from after Prometheus was in production, just early on.

oduodu

Highland

Quote from: oduodu on Mar 10, 2019, 02:20:16 AM
https://alienseries.wordpress.com/2013/07/21/gods-monsters/

Good read! Interesting that he mentioned the SJ being "2-3 thousand years old"

Seems like they had a lot of good material, they just couldn't translate it - Probably because of Covenant.

Shakti Excess

I'm pretty sure I heard Surriddley raise the idea in a commentary for Alien. I may be misremembering, but I think it was on the 1999 standalone DVD which had a ripped Laserdisc commentary. It was definitely before Prometheus was announced. I have a distinct memory of thinking "Dafuk?", and "just as well there's no chance of him making another one".

SiL

That commentary had him saying the eggs were to be used as bombs. Nothing about humans in suits.

Voodoo Magic

Some things are just made up as they go along.

Samhain13

George Lucas put more effort than Ridley.

The Old One

The Old One

I don't know, maybe just the incorrect placement of the effort.

Necronomicon II

As long as he's felt j u i c y.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

For nearly 8 years.

The Old One

The Old One

Ha, true.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Well according to some things he said it would be at least 20-30 years after ALIEN. I suspect seeing ID4 had something to do with it; Ridley came up with the suit idea. Spaihts concluded that it would be an ancient human under the suit. Clickity for some quotes

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed