Is Covenant feels (not looks) similair to Nostromo?

Started by Kradan, Feb 11, 2019, 12:56:17 PM

Author
Is Covenant feels (not looks) similair to Nostromo? (Read 1,079 times)

Kradan

One of the parts of Covenant that i enjoyed most is the beginning on Covenant. I really feels myself into this aesthetic. I listened PO podcasts a lot and guys there few times brought thought that Nostromo has that home-like feeling to it. And i remembered sitting in cinema watching Alien Covenant for the first time and getting that exact feeling. I like cryosleep chambers, bridge, terraforming bay, all of it. Especially i like that scene where Walter examines crew in cryotubes and then goes and examines these embryos.

So, do you think that people who behind Covenant managed to keep that warm home-like feeling with the ship as good as creators of Nostromo ?

SM

I don't find either of them especially home-like, despite the centrefolds on Nostromo and actual bedrooms on Covenant.

More homely than Sulaco though.

Immortan Jonesy

I find the Nostromo claustrophobic, dirty and it looked creepy at times. The Covenant looks like a high-tech industrial ship in contrast to the luxurious Prometheus. The tech is almost the same though.

PsyKore

I like the Covenant. I think it is closer looking to the aesthetics in Alien. But it still doesn't really look "lived in" like the Nostromo does. The Nostromo also has a tremendous amount of detail and wear and tear in every corner and inch of the ship. Every corridor and room is unique-looking. Where as the Covenant looks too cut-and-paste (corridors are all identical) and too neat design-wise, it comes across more like a studio set by comparison.

SM

The Covenant hasn't really been lived in like the Nostromo.  It's practically brand new and the bulk of the crews time on board has been in hypersleep.

Oasis Nadrama

The Covenant makes for a nice aesthetical "missing link" between the Prometheus and the Nostromo. It's one of the few things I appreciated in the movie.

SM

Corporal Hicks

I liked the idea they had during concepting of it being a re-purposed craft. It doesn't carry across in the film but I still like that that was in their minds. That said, I do like how it's much closer in feel to the Nostromo.

PsyKore

Quote from: SM on Feb 19, 2019, 09:37:54 AM
The Covenant hasn't really been lived in like the Nostromo.  It's practically brand new and the bulk of the crews time on board has been in hypersleep.

Yeah, that's fair enough, but I still think it's a little too simple in some aspects. The corridors mainly look boring to me.

Huggs

Quote from: SM on Feb 11, 2019, 07:32:06 PM
I don't find either of them especially home-like, despite the centrefolds on Nostromo and actual bedrooms on Covenant.

More homely than Sulaco though.

Eventually somebody's going to have to poop. Which ship would you rather be on when the smells of life permeate the air?

SM

Huggs

Quote from: SM on Feb 26, 2019, 12:54:48 AM
What?

You read it, I thought it was clear?  ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed