Has you instantly realise all of the stupidity in prequels?

Started by Kradan, Feb 06, 2019, 09:59:34 PM

Author
Has you instantly realise all of the stupidity in prequels? (Read 6,177 times)

SM

If they'd been 'by-the-book smart' in Alien - they would've lived.

Nukiemorph

For what it's worth, an earlier draft of Prometheus apparently had Vickers say she hired idiots on purpose to sabotage her father's mission.

Kradan

Quote from: Oasis Nadrama on Feb 13, 2019, 05:37:18 PM
Not only did the space truckers try to take all the right precautions, they were also CREATIVE.

They tried every solution they could think of, and after the chestburster sequence they also started building things. First the electric spears, then the incineration units, and in the novelization even the net they use is made for the occasion, designed specifically to resist molecular acid.

No one makes anything like that in any of the sequels, the characters do not create anymore, they just use stuff which is already there.  :( The closer you get to the combative inventivity of the Nostromo crew is the repurposing of the containment room and lead crucible in Alien 3.

Never thought about that before!  :)

SM

They improvised in Aliens and Alien 3 too.

The Old One

The Old One

JokersWarPig

Quote from: SM on Feb 13, 2019, 08:15:58 PM
If they'd been 'by-the-book smart' in Alien - they would've lived.

Well that's different than street smart or book smart

SM

Is book smart not learnng from what's written in a book?

Local Trouble

What do you do when the book conflicts with what the company tells you to do?

SM

It depends if they just tell you, or the hell tell you.

JokersWarPig

Quote from: SM on Feb 13, 2019, 10:07:34 PM

I thought you meant like how Ripley was attempting to be by the book with the quarantine procedures.

SM

I kinda was.

To be honest I'm not sure what you were getting at with the book smart vs. street smart thing.

Huggs

Quote from: SM on Feb 13, 2019, 10:07:34 PM

No.

It's knowing what's in a book before you read it.  ;D

Highland

The mask thing doesn't bother me, It just wouldn't be an enjoyable viewing experience watching people in space helmets and that's enough for me to bypass anything to do with that.

The Oram thing though...he walks right through the beastery with an Egg in it that shows the facehugger inside, Davids telling him he's been making things, there's things on the desk, he's seen the things. It's not Kane at all, but that's the common comparison.

Really needed David to make him do it and not Oram be a turd... OR put the scene in where David floats his head above the egg.

CelticP

Oram's biggest mistake is that he hadn't seen the other films in the series. If he did he would know whats up.

Highland

It's like seeing your wife killed by a shark, then seeing more sharks as you reach safety, then meeting a guy that's been experimenting on making other sharks. Then that guy says, come for a swim, we will talk about what I been doing.....

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed