Has you instantly realise all of the stupidity in prequels?

Started by Kradan, Feb 06, 2019, 09:59:34 PM

Author
Has you instantly realise all of the stupidity in prequels? (Read 6,085 times)

Kradan

I remember while watching Prometheus and Covenant for the first time i hadn't actually realise how stupid some (OK, most) chararacter's actions and decisions were untill i went to Net and saw other people reviews and that stupidity of characters was a big deal. Maybe, i didn't concentrate on that too much. Anyway, i think that really helped me to apreciate these movies more

Has anyone been in similiar type of situation?

Paranoid Android

First watch of Prometheus it went over my head. Did become obvious on repeat viewings. With Covenant it was pretty clear from the start.

Kradan

Quote from: Paranoid Android on Feb 06, 2019, 10:05:04 PM
With Covenant it was pretty clear from the start.

You mean trailer where they don't wearing helmets, don't you? Because that was NOT obvious for me.

Samhain13

It does become more obvious after the first watch.

The Old One

The Old One

I'll say this for Covenant, I ask:

Why don't they wear helmets?

Why do people trust David?

And that's pretty much it.

Whereas with Prometheus, there's hardly a moment onscreen
I'm not asking why characters are doing things a particular way.

SM

Both films have moments where characters do inexplicably dumb things (Covenant less so).  Doesn't really affect my enjoyment of either film to any great degree.

Evanus

Quote from: SM on Feb 06, 2019, 11:18:13 PM
Both films have moments where characters do inexplicably dumb things (Covenant less so).  Doesn't really affect my enjoyment of either film to any great degree.
Yeah, same. Sure there's some dumb stuff in there but I mean.. they're movies.

windebieste

'ALIENS' also has characters doing stupid shit.  From Vasquez idiot comment "I only need to know one thing..."  and Hudson declaring "How do I get out of this chickenshit outfit?" to Gorman putting all his men in danger by having them stow their arms.  What a f**khead.  lol.

All these movies have moments of stupid.  Space monster has murdered the crew and the ship is about to explode... must get cat.  lol.

I'm not saying 'PROMETHEUS' and 'ALIEN Covenant' are without fault - because they certainly do have issues - but the finger pointing in this regard can be made at the other movies, too.

-Windebieste.

Necronomicon II

Honestly I think Scott gets a kick out of portraying foolish humans. Think about it.  ;D

P-Rock

I kinda bought the whole helmet thing for Covenant though, as they aren't scientists but colonists. In Prometheus it was just dumb.

But they still haven't explained why the Space Jockey in Alien is (at least) 3 times as big as the Engineers portrayed in Prometheus and Covenant.

Necronomicon II

It will be a mutant engineer slave made by David. Oh yes.  :D ;D

Samhain13

Quote from: P-Rock on Feb 07, 2019, 10:27:22 AM
But they still haven't explained why the Space Jockey in Alien is (at least) 3 times as big as the Engineers portrayed in Prometheus and Covenant.

The size was retconned. Ridley doesn't care.

The Kurgan

Maybe Necro II gets his wish and it's a juicy engineer mutant beast of burden slave abomination made by David.

That would explain the size difference quite reasonable.

Necronomicon II

Das it. The juice must flow.  ;D

Huggs

Quote from: Necronomicon II on Feb 07, 2019, 01:32:51 PM
It will be a mutant engineer slave made by David. Oh yes.  :D ;D

This post is hereby quarantined for lack of juice.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed