Do you think that Covenant deserve/will eventually repeat fate of Alien 3?

Started by Kradan, Feb 06, 2019, 01:44:57 PM

Author
Do you think that Covenant deserve/will eventually repeat fate of Alien 3? (Read 4,585 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: P-Rock on Feb 07, 2019, 10:34:28 AM
A lot of people desperately want Alien 3 to be some kind of misunderstood masterpiece.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LV426/comments/amqfx3/alien_3_all_right_its_time_someone_finally_said/

698+

No desperation. (:

Samhain13

Quote from: P-Rock on Feb 07, 2019, 10:34:27 AM
A lot of people desperately want Alien 3 to be some kind of misunderstood masterpiece.

I doubt David Fincher will ever see his movie like that.

The Old One

The Old One

& Ridley Scott thought Prometheus' Blade Runner's equal.

Samhain13

The absolute mad lad. Did Ridley ever compared Prometheus to ALIEN?

The Old One

The Old One

I don't believe so, said something along the lines of "You don't need to wait forty years to write about this one, it's all here."

Evanus

Reddit is mostly utter shite honestly. Although I do think Alien 3 is pretty good. But a flawed masterpiece? Eh, I dunno.

Necronomicon II

There are a lot of basic peeps at r/LV426, though, some threads are just awful.  :laugh:

The Old One

The Old One

I've found there are a couple of basic peeps, Sin_Researcher's a brain-dead Donald Trump
fanatic that makes the five same post over and over. But I think the majority's aight,
often your mileage will vary depending upon what day you login.

Huggs

Quote from: Evanus on Feb 07, 2019, 05:01:11 PM
Although I do think Alien 3 is pretty good. But a flawed masterpiece? Eh, I dunno.

Yeah, it's just a masterpiece really.  ;D

SM

I don't see how it's a masterpiece by any measure or with any qualifier.

The Old One

The Old One

I don't think it's a masterpiece either, but then- the only one in the series I would award that title to is Alien,
both Aliens and AlienĀ³ are just excellent flawed films.

Samhain13

ALIENS flawed? I can see maybe in regards to the creature, as I thought it was shown better in ALIEN.

The Old One

The Old One

And y'know, the whole comedy of errors, endless Newt screams, the Gateway nightmare makes me roll my eyes everytime I have to sit through it. And just generally I have a distaste for what I would call Cameronisms, such as the whole family unit stuff. Ripley not being torn in half when the Queen's got a hold of her leg, an easy fix if the Queen was holding onto the ladder instead and tore away a portion of it falling into space.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I think the first two films are masterpieces

I enjoy Alien3 but consider it a terribly flawed film. I think the film had potential to be something truly great. Unfortunately it's too much of a mess to consider it a classic or a masterpiece. I rank Alien3, Covenant, and Prometheus all about the same, good but not great.

Alien is on another level though, the best of the series.

The Old One

The Old One

I believe AlienĀ³ had more potential, but not nearly the amount Prometheus squandered.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed