Started by Kradan, Feb 05, 2019, 10:28:12 PM

What is better?

The Predator
72 (55%)
AVPR
59 (45%)

Total Members Voted: 131

Author
The Predator VS AVPR (Read 51,750 times)

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: AhabPredator on Feb 07, 2019, 11:25:47 PM
Quote from: Samhain13 on Feb 07, 2019, 11:24:52 PM
The Predator is like the Alien Resurrection of the Predator franchise.

That's probably the most true statement I've read in this thread.

And one that I originally said. I should have trademarked it!  :laugh:

Huggs

Huggs

Even I said it along time ago. Hell, I ranked it.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: 426Buddy on Feb 08, 2019, 12:05:52 AM
I have the bluray and have a 4k tv. It doesnt change anything, you can hardly see any detail in any scene involving the creature.

I must whole-heartedly disagree. I can't obviously speak for your experience, but I've taken the test, DVD versus blu unrated, using the same player and television, and found a considerable improvement in visability and brightness between the two versions. We recently discussed this on a thread a few months ago, where others found the same improved results. Now maybe it's hardware driven (television and blu-ray model) which could explain your experience, but the results I describe are accurate.

Quote from: D88M on Feb 08, 2019, 12:22:52 AM
If you think Resurrection takes itself seriously, then you have not watched the movie of completely missed the point. The script, maybe, takes itself seriously, but the actual made movie? Nop.

Well the point must have been missed by most, which is why it's panned by the majority of audiences.

Quote from: The Cruentus on Feb 08, 2019, 03:12:45 AM
Quote from: AhabPredator on Feb 07, 2019, 11:25:47 PM
Quote from: Samhain13 on Feb 07, 2019, 11:24:52 PM
The Predator is like the Alien Resurrection of the Predator franchise.

That's probably the most true statement I've read in this thread.

And one that I originally said. I should have trademarked it!  :laugh:

Kudos my friend! However with the human/alien Newborn and human/predator Assassin and the ties between the two franchises, I think it begs you to make such a connection.  :)

The Old One

The Old One

Yes, the Blu-ray's superior to the DVD, but the colour timing on the Blu-ray and brightness is still trash. Both the regular and unrated Blu-ray are identical masters, there's not a grain of difference between them.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Yes, very true Old One.  Unrated only equates to the improvement of quality that I and some others found with the rearranging, substitution and insertion of new scenes. But unrated blu to theatrical blu, there's no picture difference.  But in regards to testing against the dvd and being transparent with all variables, it was the version I played throughout the comparison. :)

426Buddy

426Buddy

Lol Voodoo, i and others were disagreeing with you in that thread from a few months ago.

Even if its slightly brighter than the dvd, you van still hardly see anything on the bluray. It certainly doesnt fix the darkness issue.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Yes, I know it was you. We can either call each side crazy or just say it's hardware driven (television and blu-ray model).  Let's just do the latter. Cheers! :)

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: AhabPredator on Feb 07, 2019, 11:48:19 PM
Quote from: The Old One on Feb 07, 2019, 11:41:14 PM
No.

Alien Resurrection's coherent, at least.
And visuals, excellent.

Covenant > Resurrection > Prometheus > AVP > The Predator > AVPR

You find autistic child hunting, spinal fluid injecting Predators vs humans in Iron Man suits superior to AVP:R?

Whoa.

As if it was the only things The Predator did  :laugh:

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Feb 08, 2019, 01:03:40 PM
Quote from: AhabPredator on Feb 07, 2019, 11:48:19 PM
Quote from: The Old One on Feb 07, 2019, 11:41:14 PM
No.

Alien Resurrection's coherent, at least.
And visuals, excellent.

Covenant > Resurrection > Prometheus > AVP > The Predator > AVPR

You find autistic child hunting, spinal fluid injecting Predators vs humans in Iron Man suits superior to AVP:R?

Whoa.

As if it was the only things The Predator did  :laugh:

Oh, I agree wit'cha, bro. It had plenty more sins as a movie. I found myself physically cringing and facepalming for ththe majority of the film. I don't know how I sat for the whole movie. I had those d-box seats that move and roll like a simulator. Maybe that's why? Of course some prick was in my seats and I told him to move because he hadn't paid for the premium seating. He told me to f**k off, proceeded to act like an asshole by throwing his drink and popcorn at the movie attendant girl (which is battery and an arrest-able offense), cursed her out and knocked over promotional materials on his way out.

I told her to press charges and have the theater criminally trespass him from the property if he came back. Later on, I found him posting on Facebook for the theater's page complaining he was harassed by the theater. I called him TF out and said exactly what he did and he promptly deleted his post. Lolololol

Master

Master

This thread lacks draw option.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 08, 2019, 11:47:46 AM
Yes, I know it was you. We can either call each side crazy or just say it's hardware driven (television and blu-ray model).  Let's just do the latter. Cheers! :)

I'm rockin' a 2017 model 55" LG HDTV at a distance of about 10 or 12 feet. My player is a 2018 model LG Bluray Player. My vision (when last checked) was 20/15 in both eyes. All settings on my television are still factory, and I'm running in cinema mode with energy saver enabled. So I have a movie-tuned picture, but it's darker.

My copy of AVPR is the unrated U.S. version from the now-standard AVP 2-pack that can be found online and in retail stores. It was purchased in late 2017/early 2018.

I can see every detail in AVPR quite clearly. Picture quality is outstanding. Like looking through freshly cleaned glass. Fine detail is exquisite. I can see everything, and it looks good.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

My man.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Thats odd because I have a 43in 4k tv and a 43in hdtv  and the same copy of AvPR and it still looks like a shadow play. And every tv ive ever seen it playing on also shows that it looks darker than night. When I watched it in theaters  it was still crazy dark.

The only time i have ever seen proper lighting is in the trailer.

Not that it even matters. The more you see the worse the film is.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: 426Buddy on Feb 08, 2019, 09:06:01 PM
Thats odd because I have a 43in 4k tv and a 43in hdtv  and the same copy of AvPR and it still looks like a shadow play. And every tv ive ever seen it playing on also shows that it looks darker than night. When I watched it in theaters  it was still crazy dark.

The only time i have ever seen proper lighting is in the trailer.

Not that it even matters. The more you see the worse the film is.

And there it is. No offense intended here, but with that personal view, I honestly don't see the point of you trying... other than to maybe argue with the peeps who do see a difference and enjoy it more because of it?

goose_3387

goose_3387

Regardless of the outcome of the poll the fact is The Predator still falls in the AVPR and Alien Resurrection tier of movies.

A big mess from start to finish.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed