Started by Kradan, Feb 05, 2019, 10:28:12 PM

What is better?

The Predator
72 (55%)
AVPR
59 (45%)

Total Members Voted: 131

Author
The Predator VS AVPR (Read 51,714 times)

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

I guess the thread speaks for itself. At this point there's not much to do unless someone wants to do a critical evaluation of both done in a Mauler style video essay.  ;)

The Old One

The Old One

I agree, until the inevitable AVP and AVPR reviews.

Kimo

Kimo

I find this one a hard one to answer cos they are both bad films, it's like trying to compare brown dog poo to white dog poo lol.

I'm gunna go with AVPR cos wolf looked good and seemed like a cool concept.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kimo on Sep 12, 2019, 07:34:24 PM
I find this one a hard one to answer cos they are both bad films, it's like trying to compare brown dog poo to white dog poo lol.

I think if I had to guess someone here who was up to the task of comparing such things with a thoughtful, detailed analysis, I would guess Huggsy.  ;D

SM

SM

White dog poo doesn't smell and is way easier to get off your shoes.

Kimo

Kimo

Quote from: SM on Sep 12, 2019, 08:36:52 PM

White dog poo doesn't smell and is way easier to get off your shoes.

So AVPR it is then?

SM

SM

I thought The Predator was the white dog poo..?

Master

Master

Tough choice indeed. Ps2 tier graphics and total shitting on Predator lore vs f**ked up , black as the night colour grading and total shitting on Alien lore. I think we have a tie here. Both are 3/10 films at best. I'd say AvPR had better ending, because all is blown to hell.

Quo vadis Predator? The future isn't bright for the hunter.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Requiem easily loses this.

While The Predator is a mess, the opening in Mexico and the Fugitive's escape sequence are legitimately really cool. There's nothing legitimately cool or even remotely watchable in Requiem.

SM

SM

I'd say about 3/4 of The Predator works okay.

I'm not sure even 1/4 of AvP:R works.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Requiem is definitely stilll the worst and as others have said, The Predator at least has some watchable and enjoyable moments. At least you can see better as well on The Predator. Altering brightness settings does very little to help Requiem

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I think I find The Predator more frustrating to watch because there's a lot in it that's actually really awesome and some really fantastic potential that just gets wasted.

Huggs

Huggs

The Predator is the worst by far for me.

AVPR might have bad human characters, but it's still chocked full of Alien and Predator carnage. At least it's trying to take itself seriously and not work around a bunch of ridiculous political talking points.

AVPR tried to give fans what they wanted. The Predator just gave Shane what he wanted.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Huggsy has nicknamed these two guys Black and Dekker.  ;D

But seriously, give me AVPR Unrated Blu over The Predator all day long.

Kradan

Kradan

You're insane

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed