Started by Kradan, Feb 05, 2019, 10:28:12 PM

What is better?

The Predator
72 (55%)
AVPR
59 (45%)

Total Members Voted: 131

Author
The Predator VS AVPR (Read 51,748 times)

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Feb 06, 2019, 11:26:22 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 06, 2019, 11:10:43 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 06, 2019, 04:36:15 PM
I'm starting to dislike The Predator more as the days go by but AvPR will always be unwatchable to me.

Nonsense! The Predator ages like a fine wine! An imported cheese! A retired Michael Biehn!

Fixed.

Don't you dare compare that great man with a gallon of milk left in the back seat of the car for over a week (The Predator).
:D

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: AhabPredator on Feb 07, 2019, 12:08:09 AM
I'm starting to dislike The Predator more as the days go by but AvPR will always be unwatchable to me.

Nonsense! The Predator ages like a fine wine! An imported cheese! A retired Michael Biehn!

Fixed.

Don't you dare compare that great man with a gallon of milk left in the back seat of the car for over a week (The Predator).

Oh, I know. I like messing with Voodoo. I'm just saying Biehn has aged better than any super model I've ever seen. ;)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Fixed.

Yet there was no need to fix it.

Because Michael is a Super Model!

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: goose_3387 on Feb 06, 2019, 08:57:44 PM
AVPR is the better Predator movie. The Predator doesn't take the character seriously and is insulting towards the fans. Oh and practical suit Predator > CGI Predator and terrible CGI dogs!

Presenting characters coming straight from one tree hill is equally insulting in AVPR IMO...

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 07, 2019, 03:48:33 AM

Fixed.

Yet there was no need to fix it.

Because Michael is a Super Model!

https://i.gifer.com/650T.gif

. . . Yes.

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Feb 07, 2019, 01:41:05 PM
Quote from: goose_3387 on Feb 06, 2019, 08:57:44 PM
AVPR is the better Predator movie. The Predator doesn't take the character seriously and is insulting towards the fans. Oh and practical suit Predator > CGI Predator and terrible CGI dogs!

Presenting characters coming straight from one tree hill is equally insulting in AVPR IMO...

Agreed. The quality of the human characters are important too. Nothing excuses the humans from being poorly written, especially the mains.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Wolf was the main character, the humans were just filler.  :D

The Old One

The Old One

Wolf's a... special Predator though.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I think most will agree on the fact that Wolf was cool design wise, and on the fact that Ian Whyte nailed the body language/movements. But Wolf also did too many stupid things regarding his mission, just for the sake of the "coolness" of doing it. And it did gave the impression that he fight useless bugs. So not so badass after all...

goose_3387

goose_3387

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Feb 07, 2019, 04:40:16 PM
I think most will agree on the fact that Wolf was cool design wise, and on the fact that Ian Whyte nailed the body language/movements. But Wolf also did too many stupid things regarding his mission, just for the sake of the "coolness" of doing it. And it did gave the impression that he fight useless bugs. So not so badass after all...

At least Wolf was still just 'hunting' despite doing some stupid stuff.

I'll take that over Preds kidnapping autistic kids and injecting themselves with their DNA and bringing humans Iron Man suits to fight the Upgrades who want to take over Earth...

Mrs.Majesty

Mrs.Majesty

I agree with goose_3387. That's why AVPR  is better.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Its not even close. The predator is a bad film, AvPR is just plain garbage. It should have debuted on the syfy network.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: goose_3387 on Feb 07, 2019, 06:46:54 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Feb 07, 2019, 04:40:16 PM

At least Wolf was still just 'hunting' despite doing some stupid stuff.

I'll take that over Preds kidnapping autistic kids and injecting themselves with their DNA and bringing humans Iron Man suits to fight the Upgrades who want to take over Earth...

Preds are only supposed to hunt ? Wolf wasn't even on a hunt at all.

P-Rock

P-Rock

Wolf is supposed to be this badass 'cleaner' (like the character Winston Wolf from Pulp Fiction), but the only thing he does is create problems. He looks cool but he really is a bumbling idiot.

Mrs.Majesty

Mrs.Majesty

The wolf did not hunt, but he killed. He killed aliens and humans.
He had no other purpose. He did not hunt for an autistic child, he did not have human DNA, he didn't bring a stupid suit to earth.
AVPR does not have all this nonsense. The Predator brought a lot of outrageously stupid things to the canon of predator universe.
AVPR at least did not bring anything new except predalien to the predator universe. It was just a bad movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed