(Japan 2019) Figma Alien Big Chap unboxed

Started by StayFrosty, Feb 04, 2019, 11:08:43 PM

Author
(Japan 2019) Figma Alien Big Chap unboxed (Read 3,582 times)

The Old One

The Old One

The NECA regular figure Carapace's awful, the 1/4 version's excellent though.

Xenomrph

Do we have a release date for this in the USA yet?

The Old One

The Old One

You can get it via BBTS, but I don't know otherwise.

Xenomrph

Quote from: The Old One on Jun 14, 2019, 04:37:02 PM
You can get it via BBTS, but I don't know otherwise.
I have it preordered through FreshFigures because they were cheaper than BBTS, and both usually release stuff at the same time. It just feels weird that it's been out in Japan for a while now, but there's no US release date in sight.

The Old One

The Old One

Such is the nature of a Figma sometimes, it never comes to the west.

Xenomrph

I got mine in the mail today, it's neat but I have some reservations.

The figure can stand up straight, but the sculpt makes it look like it's inherently hunched-over. The chest and stomach are sculpted so they look very sunken-in, and it takes a little getting used to. It's a stylistic choice but the ribcage evokes "Holocaust survivor" and I'm not sure how I feel about that yet.

The tail is "poseable" in the sense that it's got 3 segments that can twist, but doing so breaks up the sculpt in a way that a bendy-wire doesn't.

I'm liking the figure more as I mess with it, but it's definitely not my favorite Alien figure in my collection.

426Buddy

what is your favorite alien figure? :)

Xenomrph

That's a tough question. I really like the black 'Aliens' "concept" Warrior from the Burke two-pack, and I also really like the Hiya Toys Xenomorph Soldier from their Colonial Marines line.

The Old One

The Old One

I can't wait for the MAFEX Alien, as far as accuracy goes.

dHunter333

It is out now.

The Old One

The Old One

And I'm waiting on delivery!  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed