What if third movie in prequel series does not explain how Derelict crashed?

Started by Kradan, Feb 03, 2019, 10:41:55 AM

Author
What if third movie in prequel series does not explain how Derelict crashed? (Read 3,243 times)

Kradan

Firstly, i have to say that i really enjoyed ending of Covenant because it was so dark and left huge intrigue about where its sequel will go. BUT problem with that ending that i just don't see any posibilities (at least satisfactive possibilities) to conect it with Alien. So, what if third movie (if it ever will happen) will end prequel trilogy without explaining how Derelict crashed on LV-426? There is possibility that it already crashed long before Covenant and Prometheus, isn't it? I mean, it will end just as its own separate story without trying to connect to original movie. And there will remain some mystery.
How would you feel about such ending?

Frosty Venom

I truly hope this to be the case. Unless the Space Jockey is reintroduced as a race above the Engineers.

0321recon

It would be an interesting watch and take most by surprise. For me I would be up to it.

Necronomicon II

You can bet your sweet corn bread that Ridley will make the crash a recent event (I wouldn't mind it BTW), but maybe not, only time will tell.

Samhain13

Huggs

I'm still unsure that it can be connected effectively to Alien with only one more film and on a reduced budget. It just feels like there needs to be more than they can fit in there, until we hit Alien. But, that's what happens when you drag your feet, I suppose. So far, the prequels reek of wasted time and potential.

SM

1. We don't know how many more films are to be made - if any.
2. There's nearly 20 years worth of time for things to happen.  Most Alien films happen over the course of a few days.
3. As things stand, no there is no chance it already crashed/ landed on LV-426.  If that happened the film(s) would very likely need to address it.

PsyKore

I'd be fine either way, honestly.

Frosty Venom

yhe1

Given that Alien covenant bombed, there is a huge chance.

SM

SiL

"Underperformed" is the word they're looking for.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: SM on Feb 04, 2019, 05:40:46 AM
It didn't bomb.

Covenant had between 97 and 111 mil budget with a Box Office take of 240.9

I wouldn't say Covenant bombed either, but it was a definite drop from the previous film. After the time and money invested, how good does that sound to the decision makers?

Quote from: SiL on Feb 04, 2019, 05:51:35 AM
"Underperformed" is the word they're looking for.

Yeah, that sounds about right.

yhe1

I thought it was a bomb because of the massive marketing?

SM

SM

No.  As per above it underperformed.  It made money but not nearly what Fox was expecting.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed