Guys....something is happing i think...

Started by LtJesseRipley, Jan 31, 2019, 05:59:02 AM

Author
Guys....something is happing i think... (Read 3,257 times)

LtJesseRipley

LtJesseRipley

Ridley Scott instagram has a story @neillblomkamp
and Neill posted the same picture on his page with Ridley Scott in the middle...

I hope this means what i think it dose... my excitement level is off the carts.

SiL

Probably Scott's sci-fi TV series, honestly.

Necronomicon II

Yeah this will be for Raised By Wolves, which is currently in production, still, if they have met up there could've been some interesting conversation between them. To be a fly on the wall, er, to be a fly buzzing around. ;D

LtJesseRipley

Quote from: SiL on Jan 31, 2019, 06:19:59 AM
Probably Scott's sci-fi TV series, honestly.

:(

windebieste

It's probably being shot in the local park, just down the road from Neill's residence.

-Windebieste.

0321recon

Surprised that both posted at each other after the supposed 'bad blood' that occurred in 2015/2016. Perhaps it was overblown by the fans and they've moved on. I still want to see a project helmed by Blomkamp and produced by Scott since it would be a powerhouse of a film.

Corporal Hicks

To be fair, it was all kind of assumed and implied. Neither went at each other.

Enoch

Raised by Wolves is still in pre-production...

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Nope, that ain't Cape Town.

And what makes you think that is Ridley Scott? Is there a higher res image available somewhere?

And I don't see the same picture on Scott's official Instagram page either OP.

Quote from: Enoch on Jan 31, 2019, 05:02:06 PM
Raised by Wolves is still in pre-production...

Nope

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=60788.75

0321recon

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 31, 2019, 04:08:06 PM
To be fair, it was all kind of assumed and implied. Neither went at each other.

Unlike their fans who up to this day are at each others throats (figuratively of course)on other forums.  ;)

Necronomicon II

Honestly think it was the higher ups that pulled the pin on Alienkamp. Ridley didn't want to spread it around but he also said he didn't give a shit.  :D

Baron Von Marlon

Last thing I read was that Ridley said there wasn't a script for Blomkamp's project, just an idea.
It wasn't enough to continue with at the time so the studios went with Prometheus (or was it Covenant, don't remember).

Nightmare Asylum

It was Covenant.

Ridley (or at least his people) had met with Blomkamp's team and were willing to let his film go forward, under the condition that Blomkamp changed one element of the film that didn't mesh with his prequel narrative. Blomkamp's film was to wait until Covenant was wrapped before going into production, but sometime during that process it crumbled and was abandoned. Nobody knows exactly what went down, but based on Ridley's comments it seems there never was a full, locked script for Blomkamp's film in place.

Necronomicon II

Das it.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 01, 2019, 04:13:25 AM
Nobody knows exactly what went down, but based on Ridley's comments it seems there never was a full, locked script for Blomkamp's film in place.

And yet Ridley previously said they had the first draft of the script in and that "it was looking good". James Cameron called the script "gangbusters" and Sigourney Weaver praised it as well. One would also wonder what exactly Blomkamp was doing during the time the film was in pre-production (more than 9 months) if he wasn't working on the script.

Quote from: LtJesseRipley on Jan 31, 2019, 05:59:02 AM
Ridley Scott instagram has a story @neillblomkamp
and Neill posted the same picture on his page with Ridley Scott in the middle...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtQolLuH3NI/

I hope this means what i think it dose... my excitement level is off the carts.

OP, I'm still waiting to hear why you think that is Ridley Scott in the picture and why you say that the picture was also posted on Ridley Scott's Creative Group's Instagram when it clearly wasn't. Quite frankly, I can see bugger-all connection here with anything related to Ridley Scott aside from some old geezer (in shorts no less) in a very low-res picture who might look vaguely similar to Scott if you stretch your imagination a lot.

This is most likely just a bts shot from Firebase.

Quote from: Necronomicon II on Feb 01, 2019, 01:11:21 AM
Honestly think it was the higher ups that pulled the pin on Alienkamp. Ridley didn't want to spread it around but he also said he didn't give a shit.  :D

Yeah, it was Fox's call, not Ridley's.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed