Guys....something is happing i think...

Started by LtJesseRipley, Jan 31, 2019, 05:59:02 AM

Author
Guys....something is happing i think... (Read 3,258 times)

Ingwar

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jan 31, 2019, 09:24:52 PM
And what makes you think that is Ridley Scott? Is there a higher res image available somewhere?

It might be Scott's clone. Now we know how he can work so fast. Being serious, this guy is Scott-alike but it ain't him.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

It's probably Sir Didley Squat in that picture. I know he often gets mistaken for Ridley Scott.  :-\

The Old One

The Old One

Poor Didley Squat.

All the criticism.  :'(

The Old One

The Old One

Got Knighted though, SIR Didley Squat.  ;D

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Nah, story was ol' Queenie felt sorry for the poor bloke. He was such a complete loser.  :(

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 01, 2019, 05:19:05 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 01, 2019, 04:13:25 AM
Nobody knows exactly what went down, but based on Ridley's comments it seems there never was a full, locked script for Blomkamp's film in place.

And yet Ridley previously said they had the first draft of the script in and that "it was looking good". James Cameron called the script "gangbusters" and Sigourney Weaver praised it as well. One would also wonder what exactly Blomkamp was doing during the time the film was in pre-production (more than 9 months) if he wasn't working on the script.

Touche.

If I had to assume, there was a script, though it probably never reached an approved final shooting draft.

Necronomicon II

Das it.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 01, 2019, 07:38:30 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 01, 2019, 05:19:05 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 01, 2019, 04:13:25 AM
Nobody knows exactly what went down, but based on Ridley's comments it seems there never was a full, locked script for Blomkamp's film in place.

And yet Ridley previously said they had the first draft of the script in and that "it was looking good". James Cameron called the script "gangbusters" and Sigourney Weaver praised it as well. One would also wonder what exactly Blomkamp was doing during the time the film was in pre-production (more than 9 months) if he wasn't working on the script.

Touche.

If I had to assume, there was a script, though it probably never reached an approved final shooting draft.

Yet The Predator's script was greenlighted ! Makes you wonder what was in Blomkamp's draft... Regarding Ridley and Neill, Fox probably had the final word about it but i can't see Scott really supporting Blomkamp's project...

The Old One

The Old One

Why not?

LtJesseRipley

LtJesseRipley

I posted it because from what I was reading from Ridley is that yeah there was no script and thought they where not talking to each other.
So was excited when I saw the crossover.

I hope we get another Scott movie and then Blom-Ripley,
It would be so good to have another Ripley adventure.

[OP, I'm still waiting to hear why you think that is Ridley Scott in the picture and why you say that the picture was also posted on Ridley Scott's Creative Group's Instagram when it clearly wasn't. Quite frankly, I can see bugger-all connection here with anything related to Ridley Scott aside from some old geezer (in shorts no less) in a very low-res picture who might look vaguely similar to Scott if you stretch your imagination a lot.]

Hey there @The Eighth Passenger

Let me break it down a bit more for you,

I said, Ridley Scott posted on @ridleyscottfree a instagram "story" witch is only up for 24 hours with the same picture, and it said @neillblomkamp

and then @neillblomkamp had posted the same picture but better quality. 

So i put two and two together......

It's clearly Ridley Scott in the middle under the mountains.

Nightmare Asylum

Just did a quick Instagram search. @ridleyscottfree isn't verified, so it is just a fan account, not something run by Ridley or his people.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that whatever that picture that Blomkamp shared is of, it isn't Ridley Scott. That fan-created @ridleyscottfree account shared a version of that photo in its Instagram story because they thought it was of Scott based on the speculation based about Blomkamp's picture.

Necronomicon II

:D :D :D :D

It sure as hell looks like him though, we need deckard to enhance the image.  ;D

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Yeah, LtJesseRipley beware of that fan account, they've posted some iffy stuff in the past. I've berated them myself before.  :laugh:

Here is Ridley Scott & Co.'s official instagram account (incorporating RSA Films and Scott Free Productions)  https://www.instagram.com/ridleyscottcg/

That picture Neill posted is most likely from Firebase.

LtJesseRipley

Foiled by a fan account.... how embarrassing :( It had heaps of followers I totally thought it was him.
I am following the correct account now.

Sorry everyone!!!!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed