Upper Deck - Alien and Aliens Trading Card Sets (2017/2018)

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 30, 2019, 03:12:12 PM

Author
Upper Deck - Alien and Aliens Trading Card Sets (2017/2018) (Read 2,631 times)

Corporal Hicks

Thanks, Machiko. I still don't understand those E-Packs. Are they literally just images on a PC or do you actually get the cards?

Xenomrph

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 17, 2019, 12:08:12 PM
Thanks, Machiko. I still don't understand those E-Packs. Are they literally just images on a PC or do you actually get the cards?
It looks like it's a little of both. It's primarily digital cards, but if you collect enough of a given card then you can convert it into a physical version of that card that can be mailed to you.

Corporal Hicks

Sounds a bit shit tbh.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 17, 2019, 01:01:15 PM
Sounds a bit shit tbh.
I don't care to spend actual real-world money on digital trading cards, but I got hooked on Star Wars Card Trader for a good while from about when The Force Awakens came out until when Rogue One came out. There were a lot of ways to get free packs and trade cards with your friends, and the drop rate on inserts and other special cards were enough to keep me going. They gradually dialed back the free stuff so I ditched the game cold-turkey and haven't looked back, haha.

TheSailingRabbit

So, it's kinda like Pokemon TCG--you don't know what you got until you open the pack?

Xenomrph

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Mar 17, 2019, 02:31:18 PM
So, it's kinda like Pokemon TCG--you don't know what you got until you open the pack?
Just like collecting real life trading cards, yeah.

Machiko Naguchi

Yeah it seems a little strange to pay money for just a digital version of something. But like was mentioned before there is some redemption capabilities it seems. The predator set was only e-pack and then once you collected the set I think you could turn them in and get the set mailed to you in physical form. I believe it describes the process in the link I posted. I just got a set off ebay from someone who had already acquired the physical cards instead of messing with the e-pack stuff.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed